Blatent plug, calling for help, this is a call to arms

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Troy, Sep 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can all forum members please help?

Some friends are in a band called Missing Andy that are playing on Sky 1 tonight prompt at 7pm. In a show called Must Be the Music. It's their ambition to win this and get to play at Wembly. They are good, decent people who also support and fundraise for Help for Heroes.

Please watch the show tonight and vote for Missing Andy. There is a narrow time window as a voting slot so you need to pay attention and then either use the red button, or make a call. Please get everyone you know to rally round and vote too.

Thanks everyone.
    Troy

2. So it's like X-Factor with less Class? :)

3. Sorry,I'll be washing my hair.

4. You're getting the idea. The call to arms phrase is a bit of a plug too, because it's the track they released befor the last one, Made In England, but they have had to tone down and clean up the lyrics a bit for TV and radio. Their raw stuff goes down a storm with squaddies and was well recieved on BFBS. They would love to tour a few Northern squaddie venues after this, so stand-by Catterick!

Those interested can find more about Missing Andy and their tracks on Youtube.

5. "Yooooo Hooooooooooooo Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddy!!!"

6. Well, Mising Andy have made it through to the final which will be at Wembly.

So a huge Thank You to all who helped by casting a vote.

I predict that these lads may get somewhere, so keep an eye out for them. :)

7. I didn't help, I don't have Sky. To be honest, even if I did I wouldn't have phoned in to support them because I wouldn't have been watching that particular type of tripe.

8. I trust if they win they will release a record etc for 'HOLS4HERO'S/SGT SLINGBY FUND as 'ARRSERS' have supported them.

9. I shall pass that on to them.

@ Eddwurst_mit_mayo re: "I didn't help, I don't have Sky. To be honest, even if I did I wouldn't have phoned in to support them because I wouldn't have been watching that particular type of tripe." That's quite ok, we all know there's more crap on telly than on the compost heap, and these shows revell in it all. All to often it's what they call "Lowest common denominator broadcasting" and it's aimed at braindead dumbos. The people behind Noel's House Party with their Mr Bloby openly admitted that. But just sometimes there comes along someone with more to offer, who have to exploit even these openings. You can always check out Missing Andy on Youtube instead. :)