• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Blatant plagiarism!!!!

#1
Browsing on Rum Ration last night, I was surprised to find this:

http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=48801.html#48801

Which I had originally posted here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=48709.html

A bit more browsing of the same user's profile found this:

http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=2692.html

Originally posted here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=34961/highlight=squaddie+code.html

Apart from hammering a sharpened telegraph pole up his anus, or using him as a moving target on range days, what can be done to prevent this kind of thing?
 
B

Biscuits_AB

Guest
#2
It's hardly 'academic theft', you being a bit of a nugget and all that, is it?
 
#3
Biscuits_AB said:
It's hardly 'academic theft', you being a bit of a nugget and all that, is it?
True, true, but no matter what it's virtues, or lack thereof, 'tis still mine, and the other one is still Convoy's, and said naval numpty had no right to nick them.


One more thing, as a Scotsman I prefer the term McNugget!
 
#11
#13
Tartan_Terrier said:
Biscuits_AB said:
It's hardly 'academic theft', you being a bit of a nugget and all that, is it?
True, true, but no matter what it's virtues, or lack thereof, 'tis still mine, and the other one is still Convoy's, and said naval numpty had no right to nick them.


One more thing, as a Scotsman I prefer the term McNugget!
Did you copywrite protect your work? I cut and paste all the time and what matters is virtue, or lack thereof, and the work is mine. I`m sure I`ve heard that somewhere before? Deja Vu perhaps?
 
#14
mad_mac said:
Did you copywrite protect your work? I cut and paste all the time and what matters is virtue, or lack thereof, and the work is mine. I`m sure I`ve heard that somewhere before? Deja Vu perhaps?
I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.

I have many virtues, I am patient, and kind to animals. What does that have to do with anything?

The work is yours???? What are you trying to say?

"Will the real Slim Shady please stand up"

What have you heard before?

What was your deja-vu experience?

Cutting and pasting is fine, but normal people give a source, or say "I found this on the internet", this is acceptable. Pretending that you wrote things that you didn't is not.
 
#15
Tartan_Terrier said:
mad_mac said:
Did you copywrite protect your work? I cut and paste all the time and what matters is virtue, or lack thereof, and the work is mine. I`m sure I`ve heard that somewhere before? Deja Vu perhaps?
I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.

I have many virtues, I am patient, and kind to animals. What does that have to do with anything?

The work is yours???? What are you trying to say?

"Will the real Slim Shady please stand up"

What have you heard before?

What was your deja-vu experience?

Cutting and pasting is fine, but normal people give a source, or say "I found this on the internet", this is acceptable. Pretending that you wrote things that you didn't is not.
Maybe that`s because I cut and pasted your text into my text and turned it into Gobbledegook. Its late I know :)

On a serious note, this has been happening for eons, why not PM him, call him a plagarising b*stard and see if he reproduces that :twisted:

No one has plagarised me, but maybe that`s because I write a load of shite :D
 
#16
mad_mac said:
Tartan_Terrier said:
Biscuits_AB said:
It's hardly 'academic theft', you being a bit of a nugget and all that, is it?
True, true, but no matter what it's virtues, or lack thereof, 'tis still mine, and the other one is still Convoy's, and said naval numpty had no right to nick them.


One more thing, as a Scotsman I prefer the term McNugget!
Did you copywrite protect your work? I cut and paste all the time and what matters is virtue, or lack thereof, and the work is mine. I`m sure I`ve heard that somewhere before? Deja Vu perhaps?
Persuent to the terms of the Berne Convention he doesn't need to copyright it as such, the publication of the article is copyright enough.
 
#17
Big Red said:
Browsing on Rum Ration last night, I was surprised to find this:

http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=48801.html#48801

Which I had originally posted here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=48709.html

A bit more browsing of the same user's profile found this:

http://www.rumration.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=2692.html

Originally posted here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=34961/highlight=squaddie+code.html

Apart from hammering a sharpened telegraph pole up his anus, or using him as a moving target on range days, what can be done to prevent this kind of thing?
no this is blatant plagarism!!

Okay its a slow night I'll get me coat...............
 

Latest Threads