Blasted phone has died! Ideas for replacement needed.

After a mad dash run to John Lewis on Sunday I ended up with a G7 Power. Mainly because they did not have a G8 in-stock so it made decision making process easier.

So far so good.

When I have time at the weekend I will disassemble my old phone and try and fix it. It has some text on it from my late father that I want to save.

I am still pissed off that Motorola stopped doing modular phones. Being able to stick speakers on the back of a phone was a great idea.
Motorola did have an app that would transfer a load of the previous data from your old phone to a new on.

Motorola did have an app that would transfer a load of the previous data from your old phone to a new on.

I've backed up all the photographs, videos, albums, media stuff, WhatsApp etc to a folder on my Laptop. But texts, contacts and messages can only be backed up using an App from the Microsoft Store called, ' Contacts and message backup' After several hours of frustration trying to access the Microsoft Store to bo avail, it finally dawned on me that the phone is no longer supported by Microsoft, which of course is why I couldn't access it. FFS.

TamH70

MIA
I've backed up all the photographs, videos, albums, media stuff, WhatsApp etc to a folder on my Laptop. But texts, contacts and messages can only be backed up using an App from the Microsoft Store called, ' Contacts and message backup' After several hours of frustration trying to access the Microsoft Store to bo avail, it finally dawned on me that the phone is no longer supported by Microsoft, which of course is why I couldn't access it. FFS.
Try this one. It downloaded for me:

Fake Sheikh

War Hero
With big buttons & very loud ring then a Dora is for you.
1580222275225.png

Or if you want one that looks semi modern.
1580222313433.png

No frills but does the job my Dad 86 & Mum 85 like them, until they lose them or forget where it is.

Poppy

LE

Nemesis44UK

LE
Book Reviewer
Samsung A50 or A70 are good mid-range phones. Terrific screens, good spec and expandable memory. You get a lot of phone for your money. Some compromises on materials and tech used, naturally, but I recommend them especially if you're a fan of big screen phones.

Samsung A50 or A70 are good mid-range phones. Terrific screens, good spec and expandable memory. You get a lot of phone for your money. Some compromises on materials and tech used, naturally, but I recommend them especially if you're a fan of big screen phones.
Her indoors seems keen on getting a Samsung A40. She saw it on Amazon for £183.00 reduced from £219.00. It is an end of line phone, with the A41 about to be introduced.

The A40 should be good enough for what she wants it for.....

Latest Threads