Blasted phone has died! Ideas for replacement needed.

After 4 years of solid, reliable usage my Moto Z Play has died while playing Pokémon Go (with my young lad).

Normally I put in a lot of thought and planning into selecting a phone but this has caught me unawares. I like the Moto module system as it allowed me to attach a JCB speaker to the back of the phone, but this appears to have fallen out of fashion.

My main concern is battery life, being android and being robust. Looking at all the new phones/makers makes me feel like a fricking dinosaur !

Can the ARRSE hive mind suggest any good phones that are not a hotline to Chinese Int or assembled by child slave labour?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
After 4 years of solid, reliable usage my Moto Z Play has died while playing Pokémon Go (with my young lad).

Normally I put in a lot of thought and planning into selecting a phone but this has caught me unawares. I like the Moto module system as it allowed me to attach a JCB speaker to the back of the phone, but this appears to have fallen out of fashion.

My main concern is battery life, being android and being robust. Looking at all the new phones/makers makes me feel like a fricking dinosaur !

Can the ARRSE hive mind suggest any good phones that are not a hotline to Chinese Int or assembled by child slave labour?
What are you primarily going to be using it for and what's your budget?

What are you primarily going to be using it for and what's your budget?
Lol, like all modern smartphones I will be using it for surfing the net, reading Arrse, texting/Whats'App'ing mates and family, banking and share dealing, watching YouTube/NowTV/, listening to music/radio...……. I some times use it as a phone, but not often... ;)

Budget is +/- the £500 mark.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Lol, like all modern smartphones I will be using it for surfing the net, reading Arrse, texting/Whats'App'ing mates and family, banking and share dealing, watching YouTube/NowTV/, listening to music/radio...……. I some times use it as a phone, but not often... ;)

Budget is +/- the £500 mark.
Groan :-D I really meant if the camera was important to you or gaming capability etc. However, given your specs: Google Pixel 3. Remarkably rapid, two day battery (with adaptive battery tech - it learns what you use most and shuts off battery charge to lesser used apps), within budget, latest version of Android guaranteed and also three years of free updates. It's no more robust than any other 'phone but a sturdy case will see you right.

I'm on iPhone 11 now but had a Pixel 3 before I switched.

chimera

LE
Nokia 3310 - how else can you play Snake?

Honor 8X, for the money an outstanding phone

I like my Huawei and would probably have another, but their spat with the Spams about technology means that eventually they'll lack Google Play Store, etc. Fab battery life though.

Xiaomi Pocophone F1. Huge battery, great performance and specs plus is cheap as chips for what it is.

Groan :-D I really meant if the camera was important to you or gaming capability etc. However, given your specs: Google Pixel 3. Remarkably rapid, two day battery (with adaptive battery tech - it learns what you use most and shuts off battery charge to lesser used apps), within budget, latest version of Android guaranteed and also three years of free updates. It's no more robust than any other 'phone but a sturdy case will see you right.

I'm on iPhone 11 now but had a Pixel 3 before I switched.
Cheers, I will check it out. Being Google will I have Trump's America tracking my Arrse usage instead of the Chinese?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Samsung Note 10+ 5G. Great phone, good battery life, 5G ready. The stylus/notepad thing is surprisingly useful too.
Just picked one of them up myself, great phone. I looked at the Star Wars Limited Edition until I saw the price!

Moto G7 Power

"Created with a huge 5000 mAh battery, the Motorola g7 Power has a 6.2" HD+ display, facial recognition technology, GPS, a fingerprint sensor, a memory card socket and a 3.5” audio jack – all to provide you with a great experience, no matter where you are. "

Despite being JL, £129.00 is the best price I found for 64GB.

I am busy watching the Motorola reviews on YouTube.....

The choice of phones is silly, a smorgus board tech. This must be what youngsters feel like on dating apps!

Latest Threads