Blast pants!!! Yes really!!!

Heard all about them today, my first thought was - how much more (or less - yeah right) will you sweat in them?

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
what would you rather have? sweaty nads **and** a full set of meat and two, or stay cool and risk damage to the family jewels?

S

stevieni22

Give me meat and two veg any day! I'd rather sweaty nad's for 6 months than no nad's if i stepped on something it would be bad enough losing legs never mind you manhood.

Great, horse, door and bolt for many. At least the MoD has finally accepted there is aa problem.

might stop a bit of shrapnel or slow a round down but i dont reckon it would make that much difference if you set off an IED!
sweaty nads and an extra 2 kilos of talc to stop crotch rot!

I just wish i'd seen the look on the lads face when she said "What we really need to do is test them"

S

stevieni22

one of my blokes lost his bollox and part of his co.ck last tour and only lost a foot and got half of his nose taken by the plate i reckon he would have had his co.ck had he had those badgers on.

thats the thing with IED's they arent designed to hit a certain spot ! depends on how big,where your stood and terrain i suppose!
like dingerr pointed out ! its a game of catch up but they will just make bigger and better devices
just double the size of the device and all they will find is the pants!

About time.
What about a level III soft cricket box over the top.
Looks bloody good.

Travelgall

MIA
Kit Reviewer
What about the Plate the Americans have for their groin on their CBA. How much does that screw up your mobility?

As someone who make body armour, i find these a total joke. The restriction of movement and heat/sweaty balls must be totally pants (lol)
There's no restriction of movement - they're like mesh cycle shorts really, but with soft kevlar cloth material where it counts.

As someone who make body armour, i find these a total joke. The restriction of movement and heat/sweaty balls must be totally pants (lol)
Just the bloke I wanted to hear from.
So what about a layered "box"
doable?

The theory is sound and I for one am glad that the family jewels are being taken care of. But it is yet again more weight for the PBI, then there is the issue of how will they be when they are soaked in sweat or water and covering ground, could get a bit sore. I have been out for a good few years but can remember carrying so much personal and section kit it was a nightmare, I see the lads on TV nowadays they seem to be carrying just as much weight and have the addition of body armour. We must be getting close to what an individual infanteer can carry and still be effective in role.

All right I'll bite. this is a bollox idea almost as twattish as these

Minefield Shoes, Personal Mine Safety Shoe, AP, Sapper

There have been threads on here decrying the wearing of body armour as it restricts mobility and degrades performance and you want to wear some more shite. Just wander around in a Chally 2 and as a couple of posters have mentioned the devices will just become bigger. If your stood on top of a 105 shell if it goes bang your pretty well screwed what ever your wearing. The EOD suit weighs approx 30kg and will protect you from not alot.

On a more sensible note ballistic trousers have been around for a while in the demining role which are ok for AP but not alot of use for AT.

Do you honestly reckon the teeth arms will wear them?

All right I'll bite. this is a bollox idea almost as twattish as these

Minefield Shoes, Personal Mine Safety Shoe, AP, Sapper

There have been threads on here decrying the wearing of body armour as it restricts mobility and degrades performance and you want to wear some more shite. Just wander around in a Chally 2 and as a couple of posters have mentioned the devices will just become bigger. If your stood on top of a 105 shell if it goes bang your pretty well screwed what ever your wearing. The EOD suit weighs approx 30kg and will protect you from not alot.

On a more sensible note ballistic trousers have been around for a while in the demining role which are ok for AP but not alot of use for AT.

Do you honestly reckon the teeth arms will wear them?
If you read up on it the shorts aren't protecting against the direct blast, its obvious if you're right on top of a 400lb IED nothing much is going to protect you - what they are protecting against is millimetre sized particles of dirt, grit, dust moving very very fast from the blast centre.

That's the stuff that's ripping into guys nads as it goes right through cloth - even some distance away.