Blast from the Past

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by cpunk, Mar 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

I had to drive down the M20 at the weekend and, as the result of the perennial French strike action in Calais, 'op stack' was in force, thus closing the road between J's 8 & 9, and forcing a diversion onto the old A20. This brought back a fair few memories of my weekly commute back in the mid-80s so it was with a sense of some anticipation that I breasted the last hill before Ashford and headed on down past the golf club towards ... aaaaargh! ... 'Repton Park'. It's all fcuking gone, and nobody told me...

Anyone bought a bijou residence there?
  2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Well, I knew it was going to be redeveloped, I just didn't realise it had happened.

As for the secret underground base, I detect from the tone of your post that you were one of the people who wasn't let into the secret. Surely you know that it was where all the crashed UFOs were kept? Elvis has a flat there too.
  3. Really? Outrageous! Why was'nt I informed!?

.......but now that you mention it, there were some AI-type bods who used to hang around the Very Secret Place That Was Named After 2 Seniors From R Anglians Which Could Only Be Entered If You Knew The Correct Combination Oh, The Lock's Fecked Never Mind We'll Just Prop The Door Open With A Fire Extinguisher.
  4. :D :D :D :D :D :D That's made my day!
  5. Outrageous!

There must be the biggest potential for wind up in history in that lot. Who is the sneak who tried to:

a. Inject sense and reality

b. Slag off the Corps

We must post photos, reminiscences. memoirs etc and see how it runs! :lol:
  6. OPSEC man OPSEC. Were you around when Lord Lucan was being interviewed prior to his plastic surgery, and what about the fuss caused when they tried to get Shergar down in the passenger lift?
  7. We solved the Sgergar problem by taking him down in smaller pieces, inside buns, with a little onion and brown sauce on :twisted: :twisted:
  8. [quote="rebel_with_a_cause]
    OPSEC man OPSEC. Were you around when Lord Lucan was being interviewed prior to his plastic surgery, [/quote]

No, but I remember him playing character parts for the A3 courses, didn't he also have a friend called Martin with a strange German accent that felt right at home underground?
  9. Sold in the Naafi for 75p each-that could account for the strange smell that permeated the place (or was it the drains)
  10. I thought it was Big Jane whose smell permeated the NAAFi. Not little Jane, she was much more fragrant.
  11. Little Jane was lovely, the big one was too scary for moi.
  12. Can't even find ex-Templer Bks on Google Earth. Is that a housing estate?

And where's the Tank? And the Roast Seagull Chinese Restaurant? Ashford's gone downhill...
  13. ...and it was starting from a fairly low point