Blast from the Past

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by LIMA, Dec 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was surfing You tube today and found episodes of "It ain`t half hot Mum"...I think I was about 12 or so when this was on the Telly. I`ve spent all day watching the episodes. Politically incorrect, blatantly racist and funny as F*ck with a good dose of Squaddie humour. We would never get away with it these days - the Leftie, Tree hugging, apologetic wankers would be up in arms!

Heres a link to one of the funniest episodes......

YouTube link

2. after all these years i found it amusing which is more than i did when it first came out..strange..

3. still as funny as ever

4. Anyone remember, ' Curry and Chips ' with Spike Milligan. Just tried a linky on that and it failed. FFS.

5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

There was a 'comedian' called Steven K Ambrose on C4 condeming It aint half hot mum as rasist and homophobic
    The guy who played the char wallah was a white actor blacked up this apparently is worse than kiddie rape
    Windsor Davies charector was homophobic - cue clip of him shouting You is all pooooooofffffffffs at gunner Graham and Gloria
    So in the intrest of fair play I checked some of Mr Ambroses work
    Mr Ambrose - As unfunny as unfunny can be
    Windsor Davis in AHHM - Very enjoyable and quite funny
    Message to Mr Ambrose Shhhhhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut Upppppppppppppp

6. I remember 'Curry and Chips' (didn't think anyone else did!) also 'Love thy Neighbour'.

7. Is he a black faggot?

8. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Michael Bates was the chap's name.

Was an officer in the Gurkhas, he was also born in India, served with the Chindits behind Japanese lines in Burma and spoke fluent Urdu.

What a racist bastard eh? :roll:

9. It still shows up on UK TV Gold pretty frequently.

They did a 'marathon' of it back in about May/June.... Great stuff.

10. YesItsMe

YesItsMe LE Good Egg (charities)

11. Oh dear, youtube can eat up so much of your time.

Just been watching fawlty towers.

"Oh you're german!"

"Oh I'm so sorry, I thought there was something wrong with you................... :D "

12. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=10dmK7O-KSY

I used to have the above link attached to my signature block in tribute to my father.
    He's an ex RSM, and as I discovered recently, an old friend of Windsor Davies.
    Every move and gesture of Davies performance is 100% my old man. I've seen him use that trademark switch from scowl to beaming grin, innumerable times, to his advantage.
    Whether on the job, or to win over waitresses, stewardesses, car salesmen etc, its worked for him, in spades.