blanket punishment

RAID

Old-Salt
hi would just like to know as for the last 10 years of me being in the army.
has anyone ever heard of blanket punishment.
is it true. and dos it happen in your unit.

as i think this is what is going on in the unit that iam at well sqn should i say???

I've not experienced it, but Puttees Senior has mentioned it in the past. As I understand, the term relates to a soldier being jailed and stripped of all his belongings except for the blanket in which he sleeps (and clothes himself). In the absence of sheets, the hairy army blanket forms the physical part of the punishment. The soldier is punished mentally because he's deemed unfit to wear his uniform.

From what I've heard, it was a punishment particularly suited to "refusing to soldier."

Wasn't there an example of this in "The Hill?"

Is the whole unit paying for the actions of a particular junior individual? Or is it simply because your CO/OC got a bad write up from the last tour/Ex and has decided to take it out on the lads who've done nothing to deserve it?

Either way its always entertaining when it happens to somebody else!

I wouldn't have thought guests of MCTC would normally have Gimpernet access.

i thought that was what messes were about?

RAID

Old-Salt
Krazy_Ivan said:
Is the whole unit paying for the actions of a particular junior individual? Or is it simply because your CO/OC got a bad write up from the last tour/Ex and has decided to take it out on the lads who've done nothing to deserve it?

Either way its always entertaining when it happens to somebody else!
its the whole sqn for this junior individual. an this has not come from the OC/CO its come from the admin sgt. who is a fat stinking fella who dos not know how to run a troop.

Signals? This sounds familiar....

What did the blanket do to deserve punishment?
How has it offended you?
Has it been wet?

In which case the only fitting punishment would be to call it a wet blanket, and ridicule it, infront of a group of other blankets for not beng able to hold a crease!

Was it Signals? I only ask as something similar happened to my entire Regiment a few years ago in the Fatherland.

Krazy_Ivan said:
Was it Signals? I only ask as something similar happened to my entire Regiment a few years ago in the Fatherland.
no mate its mixed capbadge rlc an medics

Oh unlucky you.

Hmmmm. Has it been through an AGAI procedure? If so, were all the names filled in correctly?

AGAI procedure no fella. like i have said its blanket punishment and shite jobs that the troops are getting.
an now its getting beyond the fcuking joke.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Many moons ago - in the 1960's, when my Bn was on exercise at Sennelager our company had a night off which was spent trying to drink the NAAFI dry. Unfortunately it was a Brigade exercise and there was also a company of D&D present who were trying to accomplish a similar task to ours.

To cut a short story long, words were exchanged, feather dusters came out and the fun began. Next morning our OC had the company lined up with one x 252 with a nominal roll of all Cpls and below attached (couple of names deleted being those on duty). OC proceded to read out the charge to the whole company and in the next sentence found us all guilty and fined us £5 (each, not between us) - not an inconsiderable sum for a junior rank. Even the CSM was gobsmacked but needless to say this action did not get beyond the Adjt. However the remainder of our time in the Sennelager area was spent on doing sneaky approaches to gasthauses etc. :x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Classified Ads 9
K The Intelligence Cell 1
BBear Classified Ads 6