Blank opticians report form?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by kneecaps, May 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,
    Can I download (or obtain) a blank opticians report form somewhere?

It seems I don't have one among my forms and I need one.

Thanks in advance!

2. Visit the AFCO; they should probably have given you one in the first place.

3. i wear glasses mate ask your AFCO for one and then get your optician to fill it out ;)

4. They didn't give me one either but luckily I realised before I had left the city centre.
    Best thing would to go back and ask (providing no-one has one on here) as the med forms can't be processed unless you have that completed SS

5. Thanks all! Figured as much...i'll give them a call and see if they can fax me one. Can't get there until next week to collect one yet have an appointment on the weekend for an eye test.

6. Sorted, phoned and they can fax one.

Cheers all!

7. not a problem , just out of curiosit if you dont mind answering , do you wear glasses all the time? and if not what do you reckon you will need them for at basic?

8. If you have glasses for any reason, even if you don't wear them all the time you will need them at Basic. The army can issue you some really trendy ones if you don't fancy smashing your expensive D&G frames on ex and you'll get ones for your ressie for CBRN. Contact lenses are not a good idea for exercise; time-consuming to put in and out, not suitable for situations where you have to get up and move quickly or nap for a bit and a really good way of picking up and eye infection.

9. a take it these trendy ones are the big goggle granny glasses ive seen before haha , dont want to sound like a trt but wht is CBRN mate? oh and thanks for the info btw :D

10. Chemical Biological Radiological & Nuclear warfare. To gain confidence in the individual protective equipment, you will go into the gas chamber, full of CS gas, as in the video:
    Linky

CS melts contact lenses, so you won't be permitted to wear them during CBRN. The ressie specs just fit over the outside of the respirator.

11. Happy to answer,
    I seldom wear my glasses, I usually wear contacts. I'm using 30 day continual wear ones at the moment....i'd never consider changing lenses on an ex (but would carry a spare pair). Don't even feel these lenses after 30 days.

I tend to keep my glasses handy too..but i've never had a problem.

12. thanks zulo :D

13. yeah i use mine reading the paper and watching tv but if i have to wear them then i have to wear them :D

14. jesus that looks horrible lololol:O

15. Mine are mainly for driving and they aint really that strong a prescription