Blank ammo and pyro

Discussion in 'ACF' started by Adamk1976, Mar 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I’m lead to believe the KGVI course qualifies people to run exercises, use blank ammo and some pyro. My question is, with the new laws on previous threads (TA etc), what does this mean for the Cadets?

2. It means you are fecked.

3. It means that you just have to start storing more of it in your loft.

4. Can I ask what courses are required again?

5. My understanding (I'm TA not Cadets) from a conversation with an SASC(V) officer is that there is no change to the qualification requirements for Cadet Instructors, provided cadet weapons are being used (I assume he meant the Cadet GP and poss LSW).

The reason for the question was that I was supposed to be helping out a local cadet unit. Thus the Cadet Officers are able to plan Blank training albeit for their cadets, but I could not for my soldiers (or indeed cadets) until I do a course.

6. The whole system is mad. Blank ammo is blank ammo!

7. Adamk, it's that attitude that has caused the rules to change, people being blase' when it comes to it's use. There has been to many incidents using pyro and the likes, because people like yourself think it's fun and games and then operate outside the safety boundries!

8. By meaning blank ammo is blank ammo suggests that this should have already been thought about years ago. I believe the same strict regulations should apply to all. By having inconsistency it creates uncertainty which is potentially dangerous. However, I also believe that the system is very bureaucratic. One rule for all, one course and all sorted.

9. Go and do the 4 week stage 4&5 LFTT, that's what I had to do after a 6 week SAA!

10. LFTT?

If that what it takes to make things safe then yeah I agree. One course for all, no ambiguity.

11. KGVI is fine for cadets. Though I can't run training for the TA yet I can for children (I am in the TA)

12. A WIKI WIKI WILD WILD WEST.

[​IMG]

13. That really is my issue. A blank round will not distinguish between a soldier and a cadet. So why are the courses so different? Possibly due to the usage and the nature of things – cadets don’t have BFAs and automatic fire.

14. Exactly what do you mean by that?

Blank SAA has been the cause of many incidents in the past and the reason why many changes have come in.

15. Ludicrous isn't it? Blank's are harmless after all. I mean, how many of us have taped thunderflashes to our faces and struck the striker? Laugh, I nearly bought a round.

You've never served have you?