Blandfords New Residents

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Spliff-Boy, Mar 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just been briefed by a member of the Corps that when the training element (DCCIS) moves out of Blandford for St Athan, the space it leaves will subsequently be taken by the Regiment currently in Brawdy. He seemed convinced, can anyone back him up?

2. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

Not heard rumours of this but heard that it would maybe members of 1 Sig Bde. Again all unfounded rumours.

3. The rumour that the aforesaid Regt may be moving to Blandford completes the set. I've now heard a rumour linking them to every single exisiting Corps site and some sites that aren't!

Suffice to say, the Regt was given a direct instruction last year that, 'They will not be moving anywhere in the next ten years.'

They've been stood by for a fast-ball move ever since!

B-T

edited for mong spelling

4. Is there a unit in the glorious corps that hasnt been stood by for fast-balls.

5. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

White Helmets :?

6. Ohhhh. nasty IS Ski Geek.

Although admittedly, the Band has probably had more fastballs.

7. I wouldnt imagine Blandford as the ideal location for a unit that has an Armoured Sqn. But then again, neither is West Wales.

I suppose its closer to the Plain and to Marchwood. It would also be fun to watch the queue's of traffic on the Salisbury road as 245 deploy onto the Plain for exercise.

8. 245? Deploy on Ex? With armour? Nope, can't recall that happening for a while now. They've augmented the other squadrons and er, done an ITD camp, and now they're off on another out-of-role deployent like their last one.

Anyway, better stop ranting before I start to stray too far over the borders of OPSEC decency...

B-T

9. When has that ever stopped them?

10. i remember rumours of 14 moving to Lincolnshire a few years ago to be next to their cousins in the JSSU
    it never happened so doubt they will move to blandford

11. Templeton with the DEWC great days :) :)

12. Bump

Was I right? Rumours are that the men (and women) of 14 have been issued a route card to Blandford.

13. Been hearing the 14 to Blandford rumours for ages, but I've also heard rumours about 7, 16 and unnamed infantry and force recce regiments making the same move.

14. Fcuk me, Regtl Ops are doing some serious advanced planning if they have already issued a route card. How do they know what the UK road network will look like in 2017? :wink:

15. Is that a yes or a no?