Blandford...........WTF!!!!

WTF

Since when did a Full screw that sits behind a ******* desk out rank another full screw!!!!

As of this morning all persons on a course at Blandford of the rank Full Corporal or Below must now MARCH to trade. FFS they wonder why people in this morale vacuum are hanging themselves (note to self this thread will soon be deleted for saying something true) its because they are jiffed about without just cause.

Oh and as of NOW 264/216 flat caps are banned get them reshaped boys. I know it has already been said on other threads but hasnt the bosses here got bigger things to worry about than a military tradition that has gone on for ages??????????

So to summarise Blandford has now applied to the relevant boards to have a new rank structure approved and it loks likes this:

Sig
L/Cpl - Apparently
Cpl - Means Fcuk all
Cpl + Desk - Ahhh feel the power
Sgt - Brew Bitch
SSgt - Required more admin skills
WO2 - The daddy
WO1 - Bone idle OC's at Blandford

RANT OFF

Shite I nearly forgot also:

Do not call the sprogs:
1. Sprogs
2. Crows
3. Nigs
4. Toms
5. Kids
and the list goes on from now on they are to be reffered to as phase 2 trainees. If it was good enough for me to be called a sprog (some would argue that I still am :lol: ) then surely they can stand it???

Oh and because another thread mentioned the unfortunate incident mentioned above in another thread and apparently said that it pissed them off beacuse it meant there would be more duties, an independant website is now monitored by the cadre at Blandford. Surely there is admin to sort out before our next 0800hrs parade where we just laugh at you and your RD nig syndrome.

WELL SAID THAT MAN, sorry mate, didnt realise someone had already atarted this thread, see also Blandford what a joy, hadn't seen the new rank structure before but it sounds about right.

Well said that man. Hasnt the hierachy of blandford realised in one fell swoop they have lost the respect of EVERY upgrader. Hmmmmm i wonder, will troop cadre/permanent staff be marching round.

It seems like every week there is a new thread dedicated to the development of the soldiers mind at Blandford. Unfortunatley the development is going into a downward spiral. The marching of all upgrades to and from work, its a bit of a joke isnt it! There are soldiers on their upgraders course who have up to 19 years reconable service under their belt, and they are being told they have to march round the camp like they have been in 19 months....WRONG!!!! I feel for you guys! Especially when the 'Phase 2 Trainees' as they are now to be called, saunter around the camp like they own the place. This is just another knock of moral for the camp. :x Obviously there needs to be some level of discipline and order on the camp, but I dont think this is the answer.

If this trend keeps happening, then who are the squadrons going to have to help with all the exercises they are trying to run. They are always looking for volunteers for the exercises that are put on.I dont have a problem with giving my time up to pass on some knowledge of specific subjects I have to the recruits, I think its a good idea to keep them actively intrested in the militry side of things and not just trade. But I've already seen names scrubbed off a voulenteer list for an up coming exercise, soon there wont be enough people volunteering to go on the ex and the sqn will have to start dicking people for it, another kick in the boll*cks for us! Surely they would rather have motivated volunteers than disgruntled p*ssed off soldiers for the weekends.
So the sqn hierarchies need to start coming out of their corners and backing us with our concerns instead of turning a blind eye!

On the 216/264 beret shaping, I know someone who has gone to the trouble of getting queens regs and AGAI's out to find out where it states what shape a beret should be. Apparently it says nothing in any of them. CO, explain YOUR problem with them, does it affect your daily duty :?: And why just pick on the 'flat-cap' lads? Have you seen some of the pasties that the 'Phase 2 Trainees' and even some of the officers are wearing?!

This thread requires attention by someone of authority!

AR

Speaking for myself I have pulled myself of everything that I HAD volunteered for.

The Army is a game as we are contantly being told, if they don't play, neither will I.

Why should 264/216 have different shape berets? They have a set of wings that show they have done a course worth recognition. As for pulling out of all of the upcoming events organised by the Sqn, crack on, but as you say they will just dick other people and your CR will reflect your attitude, so you'll be the loser in the long run. Let's just play the game, it'll all blow over soon, it's just another knobhead stamping his mark on his new trainset.

Green1 said:
. CO, explain YOUR problem with them, does it affect your daily duty :?:
Maybe this was a bit strong to the CO, possibly someone is pulling the strings from a little higher up than you, but I still stand by the quote. Maybe we should all be a bit more worried at the fact trainees, phase 2 and 3, are being allowed to leave into the field army not being able to pass the basic requirements of a soldier. BPFA ,BCFT, etc.

just thought id reply to the thread asking bout troop cadre marching as whilst, walking (not marching to my lunch.....well not this lifetime anyway) saw one of the troop cadre bimbling along as usual so cpl's marching obviously just applies to us, no suprise there then. obviously the troop must have received a signal from mcm div tasking them with reducing the number of class 2/1 techs in the corps therefore solving they're problem of overmanning. i was wondering y it was necessary to blanket punish over a hundred corporals for one dude eating a pie walking back from the shop on sunday!!!!!! ah it all becomes clear....as for sending a cpl to inspect my bunk, he's welcome to try if he fancies being physically ejected!!!!

:twisted: Oh dear, its the wingers room is it :twisted:

Having to march around the camp, Oh dear, how unbecoming, should be banned, yer right.

8 sigs had the upgraders marching around, and room inspection etc, so why not Blandford, :twisted: , perhaps show parades all round should sort some of the cry babys out, :twisted:

Either put up with it until you return to your unit, or PVR instead :twisted:

daz said:
:twisted: Oh dear, its the wingers room is it :twisted:

Having to march around the camp, Oh dear, how unbecoming, should be banned, yer right.

8 sigs had the upgraders marching around, and room inspection etc, so why not Blandford, :twisted: , perhaps show parades all round should sort some of the cry babys out, :twisted:

Either put up with it until you return to your unit, or PVR instead :twisted:

Well its all good and well comparing us to the GOOD OLD DAYS but things change..its called evolving...as if people dont have enough to deal with but it would be nice to be treated like we actually are adults. after all, its sposed to prepare you for life in a working unit....and the units ive been to are not like this place...nuff said

Well said beerkeg, Daz think you picked the wrong day to start reminising about the good old days. During those times you got what you expected and delt with it, and you always had the fact that the trainees had it worse. The times they are a changing, its not the 1970's anymore.

Daz, you miss the point.

People are complaining because we are here on courses and have to march to work, yet the troop cadre don't. We are the same rank as them, if the new man in charge wants to get a cockstand about all Fullscrews and below marching around camp then great we'll do it, but only if it is ALL OF THE FULLSCREWS.

The cadre full screws are no better than upgraders, in fact a lot (though I know not all) of them are fat/downgraded/whingers (some all 3)!

There are so many things wrong with Blandford I cant even be arrsed to say anything, which is a shame as im posted there shortly. :cry:

Why stop at full screws when everyman from the Sgts mess just strole to work, wear what ever smock they can find out of the box in there rooms.

Lets face it everyone gets away with what ever they can when they can. But when someone tuggs the rains a little most just winge?

count the days we are at blandford "play the game" and then get out of there

beerkeg,

Oh, you noticed it's not like the units you've been with, well stuff my sideways with a bananna, would that have anything to do with it being a training regt :wink:

like i said, stop whineing about it, it's always been thus, get the course done, get pissed at night, and then get back to normal, but until then follow the rules as laid down by the CO, after all he's in charge not You :twisted:

stella_rules,

Think you and the other's who's prams have been rattled have missed the point, whats going on in Blandford has always go on, it will always go on, even the cadre/PS bimbling about while upgraders march agument has always go on, but it seems in times past people had .....more understanding of the game, they understood that they were only there for the course, they understood that they would get dicked about, it's all part of the game (BTW Thebull140, i'm not talking about the 70's either, late 80's, you trying to make me feel old or what :) )

And lets not forget that you are members of the Army, and if you're told to march, you bloody well march, ditto for wearing the right "berets" if thats whats ordered :lol:

D, sticking the size 10 in :lol:

Daz we've played the game and to be frankly honest somebody has changed the rules against us. We understand we are gonna get dicked about we accept the certain level of bull shit. But we also expect the trainees to have it worse not us getting what they shoud be recieving but aint cos they might get upset.

As a phase three studying at Blandford I can sympathise with what you all have to say. Things may have been taken too far with things like marching Cpls etc.. However, show some respect. A young lad, whose parents were visiting the camp today took matters into his own hands with fatal results.

We are here sitting at our computers griping about how the world is against us because we have to put a little effort into our walking! At the end of the day guys, we are in the army. What is wrong with having a little bit of military discipline?

With reapect with the berrets situation, I do fully agree with the fact that the special forces should feel proud of the fact that they have achieved something amazing, and to signify that they should be able to wear their berrets like the old men down toon. However, the order has come in that someone in a position of authority doesn't like it and as such it should be followed. Whilst I don't agree with the descision, it is not our place to question.

The cadre are not above us in rank (as in the cpls) and do not have any throw over us, but they are here to do a job. When people laugh at the announcements that they make on parade, in my view proves that some people need to be pulled down a peg or two.

We are cpls, not Lt Col's. Whilst we should have more freedom then the phase 2 trainies, this should not be abused. The fact that at every oportunity, someone winges like a little girl (no offence to litle girls) about the descisions made above them shows that people need to take a good look at themselves and ask the question, do I really have the poise and presence of mind to be a class one and a pottential senior.

The other day, I heard someone complain (rightly in my view) about a group of Cpls that were stood around a pile of rubbish. When questioned, the responce that was given was that that you would expect of Kevin the teenager.

Some of them may be young, but we are still the leaders of men(and ladies). Why not show a bit of balls and lead from the front and show the other trainees what it takes to be a cpls/pot sgt in the royal corps. In my last unit the class threes that were coming in were not at the standard required, and the reason for this is because they do not have the respect for the people above them tosay "that is what I want to be, or achieve".

To finish, my point is, get off your backsides, stop winging about how the preasures or burdens of how you get to work and what you wear on your head and act like you are a cpl in the army.

While we all know what we should be doing that would make a very boring website!!!

1. If all Cpls on upgrader courses should march, and it is a training camp, guess what, all Cpls and below posted here should march as should any other rank here on a course. The SNCO's mince down the marching route too and the amount of times I've seen officers strolling down towards the main drag strung out across the road is criminal.

It's called one in, all in and can have dramatic affects on morale. Also, as has been mentioned, if you lead, the kids (sorry, phase 2 trainees) will follow but this has to come all the way down from the top, not just start in some fuzzy place around the Cpl/Upgrader level.

2. Flatcaps, if all 264/216 lads have to reshape their berets how about the following.

RP staff and other DS stop wearing jumpers over their 95's, it looks stupid.
If you hold a CO/RSM parade, then all squadrons wear the same, not one squadron in field jackets the others not.
On this parade if the staffies and above are going to insist on wearing barracks then they do, and they all wear the same rather than variations on a theme. The RSM and CO wore lightweights everyone else 2s trousers. Except one, who wore '95s. Several wore stable belts, at least one wore a black plastic belt.

See what I'm getting at here?

The main problem here is that no one is pulling in the leash at Blandford properly. It's just the Upgraders getting f*cked over again!!!

The reason why T1's whinge the most is because they are here for a whole year, and have much better things to do than sing to someones tune. Especially when that someone keeps getting changed. Other upgraders/training coursers simply mash out their couple of weeks or months and return to sanity.

To all upgraders, play the game, do your time, it will all be over soon. And if your ever in the position to, singing shovel these nonces the moment they leave Blandford, if they ever do!!! It's amazing how many people seem to permanent fixtures here in Blandford!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
slopey_shoulders Royal Signals 29
G Royal Signals 45
E Royal Signals 25