Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Blandford, What A Joy

If you listen real hard you can hear laughter...Oh, that's right no you can't!!! :roll:

Wah's lowest form of wit, lowest form of intelligence. Unless their my wahs. :twisted:

Further to my last.

Good one. I'm so busy doing assignments/getting wound up about todays obvious completely missed that one!!! :oops:

Well, see you all tomorrow 08:00hrs sharp. We might see the sprogs, they don't appear to need daily parades!!!

And Chocolate Frogs thought for the day.

In one sentance, the troop cadre have increased membership and awareness of arrse. It is doubtless, that they have been reading these entries. If so let's hope they try to get off their fat arrses and do something constructive, RHQ hierachy too.

Chocy Frog signing off, time for bed.

Night, night.

Sorry, one last thing before bed.

CH there is about 5 or 6 threads like this or related to this going on. Including one in the NAAFI Bar forum!!!

There are alot of p1ssed off people!!!

Back to tomorrow.

When on parade. remember. Noone logged on to arrse, no one heard of it and the big 4.

I am SPARTICUS!!!

chocolate_frog said:
Further to my last.

Good one. I'm so busy doing assignments/getting wound up about todays obvious completely missed that one!!! :oops:

Well, see you all tomorrow 08:00hrs sharp. We might see the sprogs, they don't appear to need daily parades!!!

And Chocolate Frogs thought for the day.

In one sentance, the troop cadre have increased membership and awareness of arrse. It is doubtless, that they have been reading these entries. If so let's hope they try to get off their fat arrses and do something constructive, RHQ hierachy too.

Chocy Frog signing off, time for bed.

Night, night.

Time for BED! geez you must be a Tech...... god loves ya! And on your way up do stop by and bollock the kids for not marching ..... oh you can't because they already paraded at 0700 for areas! Spunk monkey.......

Soldiers, Men and Women of 11 Signal Regiment.

It is important that we all stay calm. Life in this regiment is simply unpleasant, and sadly will continue to get worse before it gets better. It is unpleasant for the phase two soldiers, it is unpleasant for the phase three soldiers and it is unpleasant for the Cadre staff. However, we are all heroes every one of us. We are providing the Royal Signals and indeed the whole British Army a huge service, an unpleasant service, but an important one. In order to explain this it is imperative that I take time to locate the source of this unpleasantness, so that we can all focus our frustrations in the right direction.
The blame lies not with the phase two soldier, remember we were all in those shoes once. Some blame the Cadre staff, the “Corporals with desks” to quote a previous entry to this thread. Well I have news for you, they do not make policy here they simply obey orders like the rest of us.
So who makes this policy? Who gives these orders? Surely the blame lies squarely at his door. Indeed my friends it does. The man responsible for all this unpleasantness sits at the very top of the tree, the ultimate link in this sad unpleasant chain. I believe the popular term on this site is “Sunray.”

So, I hear you ask, why have we been given hero status, what great service do we provide to the rest of the Army? Well consider this, A Colonel needs a Regiment to command, it is a requirement that his career can progress. So the dilemma arose in the corridors of power in London, where do we put this man. All other major units in the Corps have the potential to go operational, this means the Commanders of these units would be expected to lead their men into War, ok so we are only the Signals I hear you cry, but there is potential for any soldier to be injured or killed in any area on the field of battle in these uncertain times. So think of this, a man whose major concern is trouser elastics and beret shapes, making decisions that could decide whether you see your family again! Just take a moment to think about it.
So yes this little man is making our lives slightly unpleasant, but by keeping him in a training regiment, the powers that be are making sure that our little annoyance doesn’t turn into mass tragedy for the Army as a whole! British Officers are notoriously lacking in intelligence, Max Hoffmann once described the British Army as “Lions, led by Donkeys” a statement that rings just as true today as it did in World War One. However, the system finds a way to work. I want to close by drawing your attention to one great leader, Sir if you are reading I want you to pay particular attention to this bit:

Field Marshal Bernard Montgomery, a great man, and here’s the important part, respected in the highest order by every single soldier he ever commanded (yes he also won a few battles!!)
I want every person who reads this to take time (you too Sir) to look at a photograph of this man, one of the rare Lions who led Lions. Trouser elastics? Neatly shaped beret? Ask yourself, would this man be chosen to Command 11 Signal Regiment? I know laughable isn’t it! I think I have made my point.

So comrades I will close with a well deserved salute to you all, we suffer and will continue to suffer, so that others can fight effectively without worry.
I apologise for the length of this piece, it is my first and last comment on this matter.

Pennywise,

What a shame you dont have the balls to say such a sweeping statement to his face...

As for the rest of you need to get over yourselves, stop your selfishness and just get on with it.

If discipline is so difficult for you to master/adhere too then remove yourself from the equation.

Have some values and standards.

Polar,

Reading most of your posts, methinks you need to think before you type. I have no idea who you are (obviously) but you and a few of the other 'non-tech upgraders' need to stop harping on about 'when you were boys', don't take all posts seriously. Ever heard of 'tongue in cheek'.

just a quick thought, everyone in blandford is bitching like gooduns, especially about sunray, the hierachy know it, and then the obnoxious fcuker goes into the OR's bar last night to watch the footie, the arrogant p*ick, what did he expect, a warm welcome and someone to warm his seat for him, tosser