Blandford Tower Run

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by DemobJob, Sep 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst struggling around the 13.1 miles of the 2010 Great North Run my mind reflected to the last time I had run such a distance. It was back in 1989 when I was working as an instructor at the School of Signals and my boss asked me to run the Blandford Tower Run ... 'Cpl Cheesman you will be running it this Sunday' .... 'Thank you Sir' ....

Does the Blandford Tower Run still exist?

2. A very well-timed question. There is an email from Blandford floating around DII at the moment advertising such a beating session. Perhaps someone from HQ R SIGNALS will advertise it.

3. This years Tower Run is on Sunday 10th October. Yes, a 10 mile run is on 10/10/10. Starts at 1200, registration between 0930-1100. POC is some captain in 4 (Mil Trg) Sqn.

4. it's the MAA i believe she is organising it

5. Seen on a wall in the Royal School of Signals. Today. Probably.

Attached Files:

6. It must involve going out the back door to that Tarrant place with a ford, not the back gate which was guarded, the back door up by the airfield that was a public footpath, we weren't supposed to tell anyo..... oopsy.

7. Thanks for your responses to my original Blandford Tower Run thread, shame I cannot make the trip as I would have liked to have bet my time I set back in 1989. Let me know if you do it and how you get on. Enjoy :)

P.S. A very very old friend of mine was a chap called Skinny Quinn, elite Army runner back in the early eighties, used to take me on his warm down run when we were in The Falklands at Kellys Garden. Any one know of his whereabouts?