Blandford Museum exhibit

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by peterb110, Sep 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know what is happening to the EW Pilot 1 tonner 72FL39 that has been an exhibit in the museum for some years.

Rumour is that it has been stripped out to be refitted.

Anybody know anymore?

3. Yes. I'm 100% sure that I never want to go for a beer with you.
  4. Phone the museum tomorrow. With a bit of luck it could be yours, for a new dead pigeon.
  5. HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa.......Nice one..
  6. Very helpful gents, ta very much..........

Any idea where I can find a new dead pigeon?

7. Never. There's over 18's in the NAAFI and blokes that can sup a pint without burping.
  8. Thanks E Layer. I'll try that number on Monday.

9. The truck has been pulled out of the museum and is in the process of being disposed of. The "Pilot" radio fit has been removed and put into the museum collection / store.

Other museums have been approached to see if they want the truck, if they don't it will go to a sealed bid auction.

Could be interesting to see it alongside the 1 tonne Vampire and EW trailer, the 1 tonne Intercept Complex DFC and SCAM 21 mast trailer I have an interest in.

Thanks again E Layer.

10. Speaking of Museum exhibits, here's an idea....

Let's promote the good name of the Corps and entice punters into the museum by parking a sack of faded crap outside of the main entrance! Ideally it should be a shagged out relay wagon.... or some other knackered old 9 with a relay antenna propped up on top to make it look like a Relay!!!!!

Well would ya look at that.... somebody else has already thought of it!
  11. Not a patch on the Tank Museum eh Doogonk?.... :lol:

By the way - where's my bl**dy books??? :x

Quis Separabit

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum