Blandford Mess Ball

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by jcarver007, Apr 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just wondering if anyone knows who is in charge of mess committee at Blandford for this years Balls. I had previously created a Jimmy ice sculpture, SA80 and Soldier holding SA80 in ice for the Christmas ball. For any future balls there is a minimum 20% Forces Discount available. Images below:

2. Do they melt?

3. Only if you chip bits off to drop into your vodka.

4. Actually they melt, but very slowly - usually take about 6-8hrs for the luge to become unusable. You can chip bits off for drinks but better to pour the vodka through the channel inside the ice , chilling as it goes, then catching it in your mouth at the other end. The Signals one pictured, the hole fior the vodka goes through the leg but. Sometimes i do it through the barrel of the sa80. Get nicely drunk on these ;)

5. We had a vodka luge at a party once. I have to say it took a while for the 1st person to jump on it, but once the 1st shot had been downed it became a real hit.

6. Thats true Smudger, and often there's a 'harcore' group who stick to the luge trying to outdo each other. I've had a go a fair few times with even flaming sambuca- very nice at the time. Just come out of the freezer having carved a female torso and a hand and bottle - someones going to have a good time tonight.

7. Can you make one of these for the ACF mess?

[​IMG]

They'll be drinking yoghurt out of it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think your plan make come unstuck when the yoghurt freezes inside. However we can do one like this and there is a way to get the yoghurt to dribble out - pm me details if you want a cost.?
    Anyway we do a better luge which is the full torso with abs and everithing on large side - a hit with the ladies. Or a half female half male one - keeps all happy!

9. You should call it the "deluxe Legs edition"