Blandford Garrison to get Cpls Mess

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by marathonman, Apr 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it true that there is going to be a Corporals Mess on Blandford Garrison? :?:

2. Apparently so. There already is a bar next to the Ibiza bar that is supposedly going to be opening on a trial basis before any decisions are made.

3. that bar used to be the Cpl's mess a few years ago before people lost interest and it shut.
    What is happening to Humphs bar? When does that re-open?

4. Yeah i remember back in the late 90's blandford had a corprals mess bar, but everyone didnt drink in it, so it was taken to the vote, and closed down.

It only ever really had about 5 people max in it at one time, and was much more intresting to drink the bowling alley where there were at least some form of a female in there!!

5. Trouble is i don't think naafi have enough staff to run it as well as semaphore and bowl do they?
    Most people would rather drink outside the wire anyway wouldn't they?

6. i was at that very vote...........thing is they said it was to be a cpls mess and not a perm staff bar...so all them sigs we work with , who are not sprogs , would shit out , so we voted it out...if they start a mess it will cost money , meetings etc..dont know about you , but all the cpls in blandford i know dont have time for this extra extra hassle.....voted it out in 98/99 happy to do it again...

7. i would rather drink in town.......the ibiza bar ..........great ******* atmosphere in there isnt it......its like a ******* wake.

8. same here.....don't have room in my diary for extra bullsh1t.....what is wrong with humph's when it opens? That is as close to a Cpl's mess as i think we should get!

9. bet ya the tree huggin hippy at the top brings it in though........proper knob jocky he is

10. roger your last .out

11. eh? the top of what?

12. You thick or wot...........the chief in RHQ dummy!! He all for sh1t like that i think!!

13. CPLS MESS.........RAM IT UP YER ARRSE

14. Well with this level of enthusiasm i'm sure it'll go far. Cant see owt wrong with it myself cheap bar, maybe a couple of socials and a chance to drink in a place of our our own rather than the bowling alley or humphs when it finally re opens. Why do people resent the opportunity to do something in their time in blandord rather than just sit in their room all week then fcuk off at the weekend. The reason you all think this place is so sh!t and complain about it so much is because you actively do nothing about it.

15. Can't see the problem myself, cheap booze in a hopefully decent setting, a bit of power over organising summer, christmas, valentines etc dos, a bit of experience of mess life that most of us wouldn't get as screws. It's got to be better than the bowling alley.