Blandford accommodation

Hi, just passed out of basic training at pirbright and I am due to start phase 2 within the next couple of weeks. Just wondering if anybody knows what accommodation is like down at Blandford as we were unable to do our phase two visit due to covid.

Yep....loads better than it was in the early to mid 90's
It's a lot less fun though. Unfortunately the accommodation hasn't been invested in for years and block are being closed down and people moved. I believe the recent supervisory courses have been kicked out of the good stuff to allow the phase 1s to have it. So to the OP, you'll be doing better than a lot of the Sergeants!!!

The 48 man Nissan huts have all been double glazed, and the pot belly stoves have been up-graded to oil burners, The polished wooden floor boards are now covered with lino, and the old whale oil lamp lighting has been up graded to gas.. Sheets are now provided, and a second blanket is optional. (Ask the store man)

The Quonset hut abolition blocks now have hot running water, some of the time, and the communal shower room has been fitted with the new RAOC petrol powered steam mobile shower system, as used on many exercises in the 60's and 70's allowing up to 200+ men to shower for at least 3 minutes all together ,under one roof.*

Dining facilities are courtesy of the ACC, using the newly installed No1 burners,( mess tins provided) washing facilities are 2 large cauldrons of tepid water, wash and rinse, both self service.

Medical and dentistry services are excellent, care of the RAMC, however sick parade must be attended carrying the following:- great coat, small pack containing, wash and shaving kit, plimsolls, shorts , PT top, Towel. NOK details ( Will optional)

* This is no wind up, I had the dubious pleasure of experiencing a 200+ man shower tent in Sardinia in 1974.

Good luck on your forthcoming army career.

NB:- If you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined.

Last edited:

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Dining facilities are courtesy of the ACC, using the newly installed No2 burners,( mess tins provided) washing facilities are 2 large cauldrons of tepid water, wash and rinse, both self service.
Are you sure, cooking for one man at a time, are we?
1599842871985.png

Latest Threads