Blame game

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HarryBosch, Dec 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So-called "counter-terrorist officers" (why are they even involved!?) turn over an MPs office on the grpunds that 'we protect the nation'. But now shit is being aimed at Serjeant at Arms Jill Pay.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7762005.stm
    Shame!

2. I blame YOU Harry (I seek to turn this into an actual blame game)

PS. I also love how the house of commons sounds like a schoolyard arguement. *point made* *people agree shout 'yehhh, f@ck off wooo'* *people opposed get sh!t faced*

3. There is, of course, nothing I can say nor do to disabuse you of such a position. On the other hand ... :)

Edited because I have had to read read thousands of words today!

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Serves her right. The same woman that HM decided she would not give an audience to as she didn't approve the appointment. An over-promoted civil servant, appointed for political reasons, IMHO.

Saying that the Speaker is doing a surprisingly poor jig as he tries to get himself out of the poo. Knowing what he did, he should be carrying the can.

5. Cheap-seats,
    Do you get my point?
    Maybe not :D

6. What go around come around i suspect that micks decision to bump years of tradition and appoint for political reasons someone who would not make a fuss is certainly going to come back and bite him big time.

mwahahahaha...She looked a real happy bunny NOT during the state opening.

7. Personnally I think you should all enter the Lotus competition for H4H

Get your money down and win a car !!

8. I don't know the lady and would not be surprised if she continues in post longer than the present Speaker, Mr Martin. However, it is difficult to imagine previous (ex-military) Sergeants at Arms rolling over so unquestioningly.

9. You truly don't don't believe they would? Really? I bet they do what ever some civil service suit or politician tells them to do (it's the one reason why any of them get the job in the first place) and if they are told by some guy 'Hi I'm from counter-terrorism ...' I bet they roll over, obey and think about the implications for democratic politics ... er ... never.

She (the Serjeant-at-arms) is going to be shafted over this and all because the Speaker is a gutless bastard.

10. What is now obvious is the the government was never involved.

11. The Speaker said, (roughly) 'When I was told the police may search an MPs office, she (the Serjeant-at-Arms) never told me they didn't have a warrant'. Do you really think he never sought to find out if they did? And if he did not, is he really the person who should be Speaker? And I cannot believe the Home Sec knew an MPs house was about to be searched by CT yet not know whose house it was going to be!

Edited to add link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7762005.stm

12. That has to be a wah, surely?

13. THis is all " Smoke and mirrors" the stupid bird is going to be the scapegoat, and if you believe one member of the government about this you must be dense. just watch the body language, and eyes, their all lying or there is a hell of an eye infection going round

14. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I got it. Just saying things in my own sweet way! :D

15. BBC just now " Jackie Smiff" to tell all later today,yer I bet, the spiin docs have been working all night.