Blairs relationship with the truth (or his version)

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Mar 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looks like even the civil service and foreign office now realise how arped Mr Blair's view of the truth is 8O

Blairs relationship with the truth
  2. Tony Blair has no relationship with the truth. In fact I don't think they have ever been introduced although they do occasionally attend the same functions...

TB is a prime example of an ego-driven politician for whom everything he says or does is far more important than anything else. His autobiography will be very useful, either as a substantial door stop or as a psychology case study!!
  3. Rt.hon.,learned mr.Blair is young, dynamic leader of British people, good Christian, father and husband. But unfortunately he above all is a politician, a statesman.

"Statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting blame upon the nation that is attacked, and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque self-deception." - Mark Twain.

I believe that highly esteemed Anthony Blair follows another opinion of Mark Twain:

"I would rather tell seven lies than make one explanation."

Btw, Rt.hon. mr.Howard QC, MP has absolutely the same relationship with the truth.
  4. The greatest surprise is that it has taken the Guaiard this long to realise this! Mind you, i guess they can now have a go at Labour since they have switched to the Lib Dems.
  5. Blair and the truth.

Is there a truer definition of oxymoron?
  6. I suppose we must be careful what we call the lying bast*rd blair hasn't he and the rest of his running dogs just passed a law saying his cronies can lock anyone up for anything without recourse to the law etc etc
  7. An arrse chap reads the Gua------- No I just can't say the word.
  8. From memory (don't have the book in front of me), from Francis Wellman's "The Art Of Cross-Examination."

A: You must believe me, m'Lord. I have been wedded to the truth since infancy.

Q: Really? How long have you been a widower?
  9. Agent_Smith is surely well-known as a typical Guardian reader, mushroom :wink:
  10. I like to keep my posts balanced so i am obliged to read it once in a while! :wink:
  11. The well-balanced ARRSE poster is clearly distinguished by a chip on each shoulder...

Last night watching the news, I thought for one moment that Alistair McGowan had taken over in a bloodless coup. I then realised that this parodic depiction of the PM was in fact TB himself. As the over-sincerity monitor on my TV moved into the red, I sat unable to reach for the remote control - as if paralysed.

Bliar just twitched and half gestured his way through an appeal to us all to do the right thing "and vote for me". He rolled his eyes and gave sincere grin after serious look, earnest nod, after another. It was awful, until I saw the curtains on Number 11 open a jot. The unmistakable meat hook of Gordon Brown flashed into sight and zipped a few "vees" at Bliar...It isn't over until the fat Chancellor signs...