• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Blairs Promises

#1
Tony Blair made promises on the TV last night that he would provide whatever kit our forces need to get the job done.

For ferksake. They should already have all the kit they need. The political side of this is pathetic. You have to ask yourself why our boys are having to scream out for better logistics and why the government are pumping money everywhere else without a problem.

At least now they're listening. But in this day and age you would expect our military to have everything they need. Cost cutting in this arena is bang out of order.


Cheers

Steve
 
#3
StevenPreece said:
At least now they're listening. But in this day and age you would expect our military to have everything they need. Cost cutting in this arena is bang out of order.
Our military has never had everythign it needed.

I feel that part of what makes the british soldier the best is thier ability to cope and smile no matter what shite hand they get dealt.
 
#4
He did say " if the military commanders ask for it" i thought they had or made enough comments to indicate they needed it.

There again he could tell the commanders not to ask for it if they want a future, so we wait until they reitire. Then say they did not get it.

Just being cynical!!!! But there agian with the revieiw and time wasting he will have moved on and its Gordons who is being aske where the money is again.
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#5
minister_doh_nut said:
StevenPreece said:
At least now they're listening. But in this day and age you would expect our military to have everything they need. Cost cutting in this arena is bang out of order.
Our military has never had everythign it needed.

I feel that part of what makes the british soldier the best is thier ability to cope and smile no matter what shite hand they get dealt.
While I agree with your sentiments MDN, I think that those in the front line (or training to go there) should have all they need and all that can be given. As a very rich nation, there should be no excuse for penny pinching when lives of our soldiers are at stake.

At the same time, I hope that by giving this 'extra' to troops on operations, the remainder of the army, navy and air force are not stripped bare and left to muddle on with even less resources.

Blair may promise the world, but until I see, or hear, of these promises being put into place, then I will remain sceptical.
 
#6
Auld-Yin said:
While I agree with your sentiments MDN
Thats because I am right and you want me.


Auld-Yin said:
I think that those in the front line (or training to go there) should have all they need and all that can be given. As a very rich nation, there should be no excuse for penny pinching when lives of our soldiers are at stake.
Agree 100% my post wasn't voicing the 'treat em mean keep em keen method'
 

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
#9
minister_doh_nut said:
Auld-Yin said:
Aye, I want you hanging from a lamppost by your balls (if you have any) :twisted:
Crying shame, for you that you are too old, too weak and unable to navigate out of calcutta to do it eh? :D
Oy!!!! I resemble that remark :cry:
 
#10
I've just heard some general on the radio asking for helicopters and then saying that he realises that they don't grow on trees and it will take some time to get them. So don't hold your breaths lads.
Helicopters will get troops in and out - BUT the talebandits will p*ss :censored: off while British boots are on the ground and return when we go. You can only say you have won when there are secure conditions for everyone in the country and that won't happen until we saturate the country in squaddies - which ain't going to happen.
Did we learn nothing from the Russian experience of the 80s? I have a small rug, woven by Afghans in the 80s, it shows an AK, hand grenades, a Tokarev and APCs, all incorporated into a traditional floral garden or oasis design. And that was made by women and kids to raise money for the mujahaddin.
When will we ever learn? :frustrated:
 

Latest Threads