Blair WILL be called to give evidence to Iraq inquiry

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by insert-coin-here, Jul 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sir John Chilcot opens his Inquiry into the Iraq War by confirming that Tony Blair will be called to give evidence.

One can only hope that this will involve a black cap at some stage.

Could Brown,in making this a public inquiry,be giving a final two fingered salute to the wannabe EUropean president?

clicky video.

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Prior to Bliar taking the stand Chilcott will be told exactly what questions Bliar is willing to answer and probably what the answer will be.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

God is his witness.

4. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Knowing Bliar he will probably try to use him as his alibi.

5. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

They don't call him Teflon Tony for nothing. He may be a first order cnut, but he is a master at the game of oblique response.

6. The only question I'd like to ask those two is "Would you like a blindfold" although in Cyclop's case an eye patch would suffice.

Why ask anything, they will just lie again.

7. If this scuppers his chances of becoming EU Presidente then maybe the war was worth fighting after all.

8. What a waste of time asking the bent 'barsteward' to attend.

Mandelson will have this so-called independent inquiry sewn up like the proverbial kipper.

I hope we are told what expenses the simpering rat Bliar will be paid for attending.

This whole farce is an exercise in 'smoke and mirrors'. It's outcome is certain to be that Bliar is a free-world hero and totally blameless in every respect. I expect a cleaner or two, a policeman and a couple of corporals will be found guilty of telling lies and 'sexing up' their work-sheets and of killing Dr. Kelly.

PS: I bet Bliar does his quivering lower-lip act when he mentions 'his' brave soldiers who lost their lives.

9. Now that was funny!!

10. I have my moments... not many but I do have them! :D

11. With hearings being broadcast live on television it could be very interesting to see what comes of this.

I personally would like to see specific questions tabled by families to be posed to Blair.

12. The BBC is 'plugging' the Iraq Inquiry - a sure sign that 'strings are being pulled' and that it is a waste of time and money. As I have said before, Mandelson will have had this farce sewn up tightly ages ago.

Easy ploy -
    Brown says one thing and it is contradicted.
    Brown says something else and that is contradicted.
    Another 'minister' says 'this' and Chilcott says 'that' - clever little ruse to make us, the thick sheep, believe we have an 'honest', 'truthful' and 'independent :lol: ' inquiry.

Today's big ruse is that Bliar will give evidence. It may as well be my dog! We are now told that this farce may last until 2011 - long after the 'grinning spiv' Bliar has been annointed as President of the Soviet Union of Europe.

Will the repellent and socially inept 'Clown' Brown be asked to give evidence as to why he refused to fund the illegal adventure?

Will the equally repulsive Mr. Mandelson be quizzed? - it may confidently assumed he was involved somewhere or other.

Why? why? why? Why have we had this disgusting government destroying our nation for over twelve, TWELVE, years? What have we done to deserve this?

13. Because people kept voting for them.

Partly it's because most people are slow to accept that such powerful authority figures would lie to them as flagrantly and brazenly as they have.

I've heard some of my older relatives refusing to believe that certain things happened (like dodgy intelligence dossiers) on the grounds 'don't be silly, the Prime Minister wouldn't do something like that, it would be illegal, and besides, the civil servants involved wouldn't go along with it'.

The UK must have been a different place when they were young.

It's also true that the proportion of the public who are now dependent on 'big government' for all, or a substantial part of, their income is quite substantial now. It's almost as if Labour managed to reach a critical mass of the population who were scared of voting for a party with tax cutting instincts because their own Benefits/NHS/DWP/Local govt. job would be put in danger

14. Neue Arbiet are working straight from the Adolph Hitler book of Government…

"…All this was inspired by the principle--which is quite true in itself--that in the big lie there is always a certain force of credibility; because the broad masses of a nation are always more easily corrupted in the deeper strata of their emotional nature than consciously or voluntarily; and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously. Even though the facts which prove this to be so may be brought clearly to their minds, they will still doubt and waver and will continue to think that there may be some other explanation. For the grossly impudent lie always leaves traces behind it, even after it has been nailed down, a fact which is known to all expert liars in this world and to all who conspire together in the art of lying.…"

—Adolf Hitler , Mein Kampf, vol. I, ch. X