Blair to confirm Iraq timetable

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Contrarian, Feb 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News

Will the situation in Basra deteriorate or be boosted?

2. BLAIR will be boosted
    dunno about Iraq...

3. Morning: Science, Double English.

Afternoon: Nation building, History (Important that one, so we don't repeat it...oh, wait) and finally, PE, all suitably dressed, of course.

Sounds like a fun timetable to me.

Let's see how long the troop reduction lasts, shall we?

4. ON BBC news now: 1000 British Troops to be withdrawn by May.

5. This is all part of Bliars push for yet further infanity. I sent them out and I brought them back - well except the ones who died!! RIP

6. Well, that overturns a 10yr old precedent. The first thing most of Parliament know about something is when they read about it in the Scum or the Grauniad.

1,000 out by May, eh? Just in time for them to have a parade to mark his 10 years as The Dear Leader. How convenient.

7. Rayc

Rayc RIP

Blair 'to outline Iraq timetable'

Some 7,000 UK troops are currently serving in Iraq

Prime Minister Tony Blair is expected to announce a timetable for the withdrawal of UK troops from Iraq.

Mr Blair is set to make a statement to MPs in the House of Commons about the 7,200 British troops serving in Iraq.

It is thought he will say 1,500 troops are expected to return home in months, with 3,000 withdrawn by Christmas.

More at:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/6380933.stm

8. Believe it when I see it.

9. Howdo Rayc sahib*

The subject is being dealt with here:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=58937.html

Tell me, what is the attitude amongst Indian Army officers on the current deployment of UK Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan?

*as the grandson of an officer in Skinner's Horse, I am reliably informed that this term is still regarded as quite alright - please let me know if I am correct in this assumption.

10. NOTE: He qualified his comments by saying 'if the Iraqi forces are capable of taking over responsibility'..... So, another soundbite to grab the headlines but as usual the devil is in the detail.

11. Now he thinks we've won the War on Terror, does this mean that Saint Tony of Freetown will order a "Victory in Iraq Day?" Will we be hanging red white and blue bunting from lamp posts (apart from in muslim areas, as Tony wouldn't want to upset them)?

Will the Royal family be appearing on the balcony at buck House (apart from Harry and Wills who will no doubt be on Op tours)with Tony in front of adoring jubilant Brits? Will p*ssed GIs be climbing said lamp posts and jitterbugging with my mum?

Will they bring back powdered egg rationing?

12. So British Forces will sit in their camps and just let the insurgents IDF us every day?? so Iraqi forces will carry out GDA /local patrols .I think not. don't forget the fact we will still be hit my road side bombs while conducting these actions. So what will follow Hmm ,Surge perhaps but with less troops?? more KIA bullsh!t. Should of just left saddam there

13. I have a horrible sneaking suspicion that TELIC 10 will end and battalions will start returning to Germany / UK and then an upsurge in violence will erupt and we'll be back.

I've TELIC'd twice. Not in a hurry to do a third.

14. Just wait till they all do come back....bayonets sharpened.

I can see Bliar pacing No 10, gibbering "Infamy infamy, they've all got it in for me!"

Ba-boom! I thank you ....

Right, I'll be off then....