Blair target of Old Labour coup

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DrStealth, May 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4981532.stm

is Gordon that eager to become Tsar, sry leader, that he is working a fifth column in the Labour ranks? hmm, interesting times ahead.

2. Why am I not surprised that Reid is involved considering his background?

I hope 'further' doesn't involve any secretaries. Enough is enough.

3. good Old Brown, sounds like some of the Labour camp are finally listening to the public.

4. Bring back Michael Foot :D

5. Bring back Michael's foot
    He'd kick some arrse.

6. Will there be a proper leadership race, or is this going to be a coronation?

Blair isn't going anywhere soon , the weasel Byers has just been on the news describing the left-wing's actions in strongly disapproving terms.

Whatever Steven , maybe you can wait till the next bit of bad news , and bury it in there hey?

7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Probably the latter, thinly disguised as the former.

8. Fine; can't wait for an 'Old Labour' coup...

The sooner that happens, the sooner they'll be out of office! :lol:

9. Old Labour no longer exists. This story is pure political spin and its aim is diversionary. The media need to fully exploit the sleaze angle and not allow those who are up to their necks in it to throw them off the scent. There will hopefully be more to follow if Blair's head is going to roll

10. Old Labour never went away. There have been a lot of backbenchers who have stuck to Old labour principles except the media have been calling them 'Labour rebels'

11. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4983484.stm

tonys been taking tips from mugabe,

that gordon eh? no stopping him now i think, hes going to be the next oligarch and he knows it!

12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

I know you'll love this....

According to the Observer's Gaby Hinsliff, the Labour party in analysing their local council shambles wanted to examine why people were apparentely angry with Tony Blair.

Emperor's new clothes anyone ?

Small wonder the Roman emperors employed a slave to walk behind the Triumphal chariot whispering:

<< Remember Caesar...Thou Art Mortal.....>>

To paraphrase another Parliamentarian

<< Gentlemen, you have sat here long enough....in the Name of God, GO ! >>

Lee Shaver

13. There I was, sat at my desk dreaming away and this appeared on my screen;

"oh Tony you C1nt...JUST FECK OFF !!!!!
    NOBODY IS INTERESTED IN YOU OR YOUR PARTY ANY MORE......"

Just out of interest has anybody come across this strange phenomenon ?

14. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

From the Observer piece:
    Source: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/focus/story/0,,1769455,00.html

The revelation of Prescott's extra-marital fumblings first brought comparisons with the last years of John Major. But now the more accurate historical parallel appears to be with the last, messianic year of Margaret Thatcher, when internal critics were dispatched with eye-watering speed.

For while Major was finished off by the voters, Blair can be forced out only in the way Thatcher was: knifed by colleagues convinced that refusal to listen made her a liability. Blair has rolled his dice, and is keeping a poker face. The question to be answered over the coming days is whether any of his colleagues - and most crucially the Chancellor - has the nerve to call his bluff.

15. Cant someone declare a "vote of no confidence" in the whole of labour and then we can put someone good in the hot seat?

my dog could do better.

they are over using soldiers
    The 2iC shagged his secretary and now has had his powers stripped but gets to keep his job title
    the ex home Sec let 1000+ foriegners out of nick instead of the country
    the health minister is binning NHS nurses by the bucket full - when Neuer Arbiet promised more health workers in election 1
    mean while the PM and the chancellor are having a c0ck fight/p1ssing competition

who suffers?

Tax payers.

GB was a git as chancellor - how bad will be be as PM? - i didnt vote for him.

Rincewind