• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Blair sparks chaos over Black Watch's fate after Iraq

Link to lead story in today's Scotsman: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041021/17/f4zeu.html

This is about a reply from the PM to a question about the future of the Black Watch:

That is subject to review by the armed forces. They will decide what is the function of the Black Watch in that.

I would suggest that we await the outcome of that review because it may not be exactly as you think.
A reply which in any normal government would not attract much attention. Under Mr Blair's leadership where fundamental changes have been made to the British Constitution in the course of a botched cabinet reshuffle, one can understand the interest in his words.

Knowing the way the man operates, we will probably ALL be in the Black Watch in 6 months time. My signature here will be going on ebay... :lol:

E

error_unknown

My delving into the chickens gizzards says.

Two Regiments One Lowland One Highland, the Highland one to be called "The Royal Highland Regiment" (ring a bell anybody?)

wait out.... :)

Benjaminw1 said:
My delving into the chickens gizzards says.

Two Regiments One Lowland One Highland, the Highland one to be called "The Royal Highland Regiment" (ring a bell anybody?)

wait out.... :)
LOL Benjaminw1 you could be on to something,

The Labour spin-machine is apparently already back-pedalling on Bliar's cryptic comment and the MoD says nothing has changed. Looks like the Great Leader was merely trying to deflect criticism of the BW deployment.

Benjaminw1 said:
quote]

Well, of course. And the other one called The Royal Scots?

X-Inf

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Vasco said:
Benjaminw1 said:
quote]

Well, of course. And the other one called The Royal Scots?
Better still if the government in the shape of T Bliar & TCH just leave the army alone and let them carry on with the excellent work they are doing.

The proposal from the council of colonels now before ECAB is for a single, large Scottish regiment of five battalions. That has not changed, more's the pity.