Blair sparks chaos over Black Watch's fate after Iraq

Link to lead story in today's Scotsman: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/041021/17/f4zeu.html

This is about a reply from the PM to a question about the future of the Black Watch:

That is subject to review by the armed forces. They will decide what is the function of the Black Watch in that.

I would suggest that we await the outcome of that review because it may not be exactly as you think.
A reply which in any normal government would not attract much attention. Under Mr Blair's leadership where fundamental changes have been made to the British Constitution in the course of a botched cabinet reshuffle, one can understand the interest in his words.

Knowing the way the man operates, we will probably ALL be in the Black Watch in 6 months time. My signature here will be going on ebay... :lol:

E

error_unknown

My delving into the chickens gizzards says.

Two Regiments One Lowland One Highland, the Highland one to be called "The Royal Highland Regiment" (ring a bell anybody?)

wait out.... :)

Benjaminw1 said:
My delving into the chickens gizzards says.

Two Regiments One Lowland One Highland, the Highland one to be called "The Royal Highland Regiment" (ring a bell anybody?)

wait out.... :)
LOL Benjaminw1 you could be on to something,

The Labour spin-machine is apparently already back-pedalling on Bliar's cryptic comment and the MoD says nothing has changed. Looks like the Great Leader was merely trying to deflect criticism of the BW deployment.

Benjaminw1 said:
quote]

Well, of course. And the other one called The Royal Scots?

X-Inf

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Vasco said:
Benjaminw1 said:
quote]

Well, of course. And the other one called The Royal Scots?
Better still if the government in the shape of T Bliar & TCH just leave the army alone and let them carry on with the excellent work they are doing.

The proposal from the council of colonels now before ECAB is for a single, large Scottish regiment of five battalions. That has not changed, more's the pity.