Blair slams vacuous Brown in leaked note

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by alib, Aug 3, 2008.

?
  1. 'hubris and vacuity' personified

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. delighted that Broon is an even worse PM

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So who leaked it? Mandelson?

2. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Thought the same before clicking the thread!

3. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Does it matter? I simply like watching the wheels coming off.

4. Matters more to anoraks, I suppose, but it adds to the enjoyment of watching the car crash. It's no longer a question of getting rid of the worst pm in history; it's also about revenge for getting rid of Bliar at the wrong moment.

5. It looks like the knives are out for poor old Cyclops. I'll give him until the end of September before he is either ousted or he calls a snap election in order to take a few of his dissenters down with him when they lose by a landslide.

6. I would have said that the existence of this memo is a fairly big political story. Not so the BBC. It IS mentioned by BBC Online, but only in the last three paragraphs of a 24 paragraph story headlined "Ministers Rally To Support Brown".

Obviously the relationship between the BBC and the spin-wallahs of Downing Street is as cosy as ever.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7539364.stm

7. ZANU NL have an internal problem in much the same way as the Conservatives did in the mid-90s - but of a different subject matter.

They will do everything to avoid going to the electorate until the very last moment. They know a general election will result in a significant loss of seats and a Conservative government. The UK will thus have, for the next 2 years, a government tearing itself apart from within.

As expected, individual politicians are more concerned selfishly about their own personal positions than giving the UK a stable and functionning government.

Can you really see anyone better in ZANU NL than Cyclops?

8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Sadly no there isn't
    Half of them haven't done a real days work in their lives
    As I said on another thread last week New Labour,Old Labour and whatever the next Labour Party will regenerate as is finished

Apart from die hard anti Thatcherites and the doleys who will vote for them?
    Even the die hard Union men have had enough
    No working man can surely consider them ever again

This is twice in my lifetime I have witnessed Labour and each time has been the same
    The only thing different at the minute is they can't call the forces in to empty bins etc because they have****ed them over aswell

Labour is £24 Million in debt the Unions are propping them up and if they don't get there way will fukc Labour over If Cameron can get Woodley from Unite and a couple of others alongside him Labour won't have the funds to fight and election

Labour is dead but the real losers will be the Lib Dems because they are not making any ground yet could end up as the second party if they get a grip and really finish labour

9. I was thinking of leaky TB himself. Always eager to boot a safely downed foe in the cojones.

10. Just a thought, wasn't the Major government less popular than Brown's? And he wasn't ousted.

I mean, I think people are making out its the end of Brown and his government etc, but compare the situation now to the final 2 years of Major's government.

11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

They won't oust him or force an election
    Like Majors Goverment this lot know they are on borrowed time therefore they will not want to lose out on another 2 years of filling their pockets before unemployment

12. I think historians will marvel at just how good a job Tony Blair did in managing such a bunch of self-serving gits for so long, and that he was able to choose the time of his departure.

Can you imagine just how difficult life must have been for Teflon Tony with Prezzer as his COS and Gordon as his 2IC?

I suppose it is hardly surprising that the country is in such a mess after having those half-wits in charge for so long!

Litotes

13. Yes but wasnt that always his plan, to have a chump and a fall guy to take the spotlight off his slippery ways, knowing full well that One Eye was so desperate for the power that he would never ever see the big old ' Oh Fcuk' a coming until to late, and now like a moth and a lit candle One Eye cannot stop him self from going down, like the Titanic .

Just watched 'Downfall' and thought even the wretch scum that made up the nazis at least had the common decency to do the 'One round in your own time go on'

i do also believe that blair is watching manipulating and congratualting him self on 'oh how his hands are so clean', poor tony its not his fault the big boys made him do it.

:x

14. I think historians will remember BLiar for:

Education, education, education.

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime.

24 hours to save the NHS.

Saddams WMD and 45 mins to launch.

David Kelly.

Cash for honours.

The Liabour Party will be remembered for PFI when that particular chicken comes home to roost. The realisation that this country is in hock for at least the next 25 years won't even be fully realised until the Treasury accounts are examined in detail by the next Tory government.