Blair ready to send troops to danger zones

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, May 6, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At this rate we may as move PJHQ out there as thats were everybody will be! :?

2. were not sending any troops and i definatley havent been asked to put any names forward to deploy, nor did I eat that delicious plump chested pidgeon.

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

From Times online today:

FWIW,

<< Ohé ,Champignon ? Te geule! >>

Le Chevre
    --

4. Ah, shiit I'd better dig out my bloody dessies again and move into the mess upon my return!

Army life, good for the family life-ARRSE!

5. Their's not to question why......

You know, I'm sure the Beloved Leader (May his name echo etc etc0 said "No more troops"

That must have been right up to the time that the Simian in Casa Blanca said "Send more troops and do it now"

So ,

Shafted in Iraq
    Shafted over the "Road Map for Peace" (My how we laughed)
    Shafted over the "Interim Government"
    Shafted over Contracts
    Shafted by agents provocateur in the Press
    Shafted in what say we have over how Iraq is actually run

But still he rushes to support , without gaining concessions or recognition, to clean up the mess that the Yanks have made, and still won't admit or acknowledge , just how we got into this damn fine stew.

Great, just great.

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Spot on, PTP.

A stunning catalogue of failure (and you didn't include the lies over WMD or kit shortages), and all over just one area of policy.

The Mighty Navigator's blind, unquestioning obedience to the Texan Primate is extremely worrying. What is to be our reward? More dead soldiers? More defence cuts to pay for yet more overstretch? There seems to be no benefit to the UK in this latest action, so why is Bliar doing it?

We need to be looking at ways to end involvement in Iraq, not increasing it.

Why can't we bring the General Election forward - to next week, say?

7. What!!!!!! - they're now selling dodgy underwear to the troops - disgraceful :wink:

8. 40 Cdo to leave by June. On BBC today. I'm sure they won't be the last - question is, will they be operating under US command?

The only good to come out of this is that it will finish Bliar. However, this will not be before he tries to use the craven excuse that the (alleged) photographed actions of a few Brits upset his carefully-planned plan to bring peace to the world! :twisted:

9. no just flogging undies to the royal marines :twisted:

10. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Ahem...that man obviously unsighted on the origins of the term
    << going Commando >> what ?

WKF that booties don't wear any[1] - especially under the little black dress which appears to be mandatory run ashore rig....

( must ask BFBS to play << The Boys are Back in Town >> across Iraq the day 40 Cdo arrive....)

Le Chevre

[1] shades of Pte Widdle in << Carry On Up the Khyber>>
    --