• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Blair plans state funeral for Thatcher

Blair plans state funeral for Thatcher
BRIAN BRADY

WESTMINSTER EDITOR (bdbrady@scotlandonsunday.com)

From Iron Duke to Iron Lady: Thatcher will be following in the wake of war heroes such as Wellington and Churchill if she receives full funeral honours normally reserved for royalty. Picture: Getty Images/Peter Macdiarmid

TONY Blair is backing a controversial plan to provide a state funeral for one of the Labour Party's most reviled enemies of recent decades: Margaret Thatcher.

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=824002006
It's probably a mixture for her being the first female PM and her sucess at the helm, well when I say sucess I mean managing to win 3 General Elections.

There's a thread about this already in progress...

mora said:
It's probably a mixture for her being the first female PM and her sucess at the helm, well when I say sucess I mean managing to win 3 General Elections.
Dare I say a somewhat controversial comment. How unlike you... :D

Is the old trout on her road out?....Dale said she would 'do' old Maggie, honest she did.......maybe she should be warned off and told to get a move on if she's gonna hump the old dear.

No, no. Have her die somewhere between the quarters. A great time to bury bad...etc.
All political careers end in failure, hers in ignomony. And her blubbing like a kid with a skinned knee. Ding Dong the witch is dead.

I knew that barsteward was an undeconstructed Tory. I'm with Saddam , her body should 2be decapitated and the head kicked down the road like a soccer ball"

Perhaps we could get Claudia Sch to do a Diana Ross with it at the closing ceremony

Latest Threads