Blair plans state funeral for Thatcher

mora

War Hero
Blair plans state funeral for Thatcher
BRIAN BRADY

WESTMINSTER EDITOR (bdbrady@scotlandonsunday.com)

From Iron Duke to Iron Lady: Thatcher will be following in the wake of war heroes such as Wellington and Churchill if she receives full funeral honours normally reserved for royalty. Picture: Getty Images/Peter Macdiarmid

TONY Blair is backing a controversial plan to provide a state funeral for one of the Labour Party's most reviled enemies of recent decades: Margaret Thatcher.

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=824002006
It's probably a mixture for her being the first female PM and her sucess at the helm, well when I say sucess I mean managing to win 3 General Elections.

There's a thread about this already in progress...

mora said:
It's probably a mixture for her being the first female PM and her sucess at the helm, well when I say sucess I mean managing to win 3 General Elections.
Dare I say a somewhat controversial comment. How unlike you... :D

Is the old trout on her road out?....Dale said she would 'do' old Maggie, honest she did.......maybe she should be warned off and told to get a move on if she's gonna hump the old dear.

He's just planning for the future "she served three terms and had a state funeral - I deserve the same"

No, no. Have her die somewhere between the quarters. A great time to bury bad...etc.
All political careers end in failure, hers in ignomony. And her blubbing like a kid with a skinned knee. Ding Dong the witch is dead.

I knew that barsteward was an undeconstructed Tory. I'm with Saddam , her body should 2be decapitated and the head kicked down the road like a soccer ball"

Perhaps we could get Claudia Sch to do a Diana Ross with it at the closing ceremony

Latest Threads