Blair pelted with eggs and shoes

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Boris3098, Sep 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just caught this on the BBC News channel.
    Following a book signing in Dublin.
    No link. Gawd bless Dubliners, but could no one find a brick?
  2. Could they not find their aim, either? Apparently the talking turd wasn't hit. Still hope it brings home to even his stupendous ego that he's not nearly as popular as his mirror might tell him.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Shame they have to recycle old anti-Vietnam War chants though. You'd have thought that the land of poets could do a bit better.
  4. What's with the chucking of shoes, when the **** did that become the "IN" thing to throw?
  5. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

6. I watched him being interviewed on RTE (The late late show with Ryan Tubridy) last night.

Blair is an utter ****.

That is all.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

8. Shoe throwing is an Iraqui insult.
    Bush had one thrown at him.
    Saddams statues were beaten with 'em.
    Do keep up
  9. A slack dumper truck full of cement filled welly´s would have been a better option,eggs?why waste good food on the arrsehole.
  10. What a shame,

A good shoeing is the least this tw@t deserves
  11. I do like your style Sir!
  12. Up in my bit of Ireland petrol bombs are a more traditional sign of displeasure.
  13. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Showing the soles of your feet is an insult in all Arab countries and you have to be careful how you sit down, for example crossing your legs to reveal the sole of your shoe to someone is very insulting.

By extension, shoes are dirty, and hitting someone with them is pretty insulting. I do wonder though how the demonstrators got home - it's not a place to walk about barefoot :)
  14. Good drills the Dubliners although it was a waste of good shoes and eggs, shit and bricks would have done just fine.