Blair pelted with eggs and shoes

Just caught this on the BBC News channel.
Following a book signing in Dublin.
No link. Gawd bless Dubliners, but could no one find a brick?

Could they not find their aim, either? Apparently the talking turd wasn't hit. Still hope it brings home to even his stupendous ego that he's not nearly as popular as his mirror might tell him.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Shame they have to recycle old anti-Vietnam War chants though. You'd have thought that the land of poets could do a bit better.

Shoe throwing is an Iraqui insult.
Bush had one thrown at him.
Saddams statues were beaten with 'em.
Do keep up
:)

What a shame,

A good shoeing is the least this tw@t deserves

What's with the chucking of shoes, when the **** did that become the "IN" thing to throw?
Up in my bit of Ireland petrol bombs are a more traditional sign of displeasure.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Showing the soles of your feet is an insult in all Arab countries and you have to be careful how you sit down, for example crossing your legs to reveal the sole of your shoe to someone is very insulting.

By extension, shoes are dirty, and hitting someone with them is pretty insulting. I do wonder though how the demonstrators got home - it's not a place to walk about barefoot :)

The folk that attend book signings aren't in the habit of throwing much beyond vintage taunts. Probably thought eggs were rather daring. Good thing it wasn't Baron Prescott signing though.

B

Shoe throwing is an Iraqui insult.
Bush had one thrown at him.
Saddams statues were beaten with 'em.
Do keep up
:)
I think someone must have thrown a clog at his wife. It's obviously still wedged in her gob, side to side.

What's with the chucking of shoes, when the **** did that become the "IN" thing to throw?
The American "singer" Tiffany did a gig in Eldon Square shopping centre in Newcastle in the late eighties. Her thing was to sing in shopping malls in the US so thought she would try the same tact in England.

Unfortunately for her there were two things going against her;

1. Eldon Square had a plethora of shoe shops which used to have bargain buckets of shoes next to their entrances.

2. Chavs are not a recent invention in the North East of England.

She had to cut short her hit song "I think We're Alone Now" as she was in fact nestled alongside 45 odd pairs of Scholl sandals and Neek trainers.

Who the fcuk do the Paddys think that they are.

The support that the Irish gave to the Provos mean that they are just about the only people on this planet with more British soldiers blood on their hands than this feckless excuse for a human being.....

hahaha!! The sainted One of B'Liaare receives a 'Heros welcome' in Dublin......

One wonder if our Doctor Guru of Economics, the One eyed One, will go to Dublin for book signings when he publishes his "Mighty Blast Against the Untruths of Blair, that Treacherous Misspeaks" (all alleged of course).....

It really does me fine to see, read etc about the Labour Party's Old Guard tearing itself apart in this way..... it's all better than a Summer Show at Brighton Pavillion....