Blair of Jerusalem

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
He has finally lost the plot, every time I hear his voice I want to spit, This interveiw proves he has no concept of the real nasty horrible world we mortals live in. " I am a Civil Servant and I have a lot to give and also a lot to learn"

BBC iPlayer - Watch Live - BBC One

I just wish some f@cker would turn the cnut into a Martyr, he really could be St Tony of the trough then

He has finally lost the plot, every time I hear his voice I want to spit, This interveiw proves he has no concept of the real nasty horrible world we mortals live in. " I am a Civil Servant and I have a lot to give and also a lot to learn"

BBC iPlayer - Watch Live - BBC One
He would do better to reflect upon Enoch Powell's maxim that all political careers end in failure.

Blair needs to keep very busy. If he has too much time spare time he will inevitably start reflecting on his own failings and the blood that is on his hands. I suspect that he would rather do anything except that...

He's made more than enough cash. If he wanted to try and expiate his sins and salvage some personal credibility, he would drop his grandiose notions and become a full time (unsalaried) charity worker. There are plenty of Iraqi orphans and refugees who could use a helping hand....

" I am a Civil Servant and I have a lot to give and also a lot to learn"
That's a good point. Why is he still a civil servant?

A nice little earner for Tony was part of the deal by which Gordon got to inherit the throne. 100 grand a year office expenses for his faith foundation. Unlimited personal expenses. Free travel by private jet. Brand new, armoured BMW every year. Bodyguards to make his kids feel important.

Gordon's been and gone. Why is the Blair family still draining the public purse?

That's a good point. Why is he still a civil servant?

A nice little earner for Tony was part of the deal by which Gordon got to inherit the throne. 100 grand a year office expenses for his faith foundation. Unlimited personal expenses. Free travel by private jet. Brand new, armoured BMW every year. Bodyguards to make his kids feel important.

Gordon's been and gone. Why is the Blair family still draining the public purse?[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this also.
I posted this question on the Blair kids party thread;

Surely as he works as a Middle East Envoy on behalf of the US, Russia, the UN and the EU, his security costs should be met by these nations and organisations, rather than by British tax payers .

Sorry to upset you Ancient Mariner, Gordon Brown is not gone, he suckles still at the taxpayer's teat. He is still an MP, its just he doesn't bother turning up for work, sulky **** that he is.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry to upset you Ancient Mariner, Gordon Brown is not gone, he suckles still at the taxpayer's teat. He is still an MP, its just he doesn't bother turning up for work, sulky **** that he is.
If he kept to that arrangement I'd happily double his pay.

This one-eyed waste of space should definatly NOT be paid from the public purse for doing nothing.

If he does not turn up in the Commons,he should lose his seat.

No doubt the expenses for this lump of lard are in the tens of thousands of Pounds.

I like it when he plays his "Christian Values" card, I don't know which bible he read but it seems to involve lying like a NAAFI watch....

This one-eyed waste of space should definatly NOT be paid from the public purse for doing nothing.

If he does not turn up in the Commons,he should lose his seat.

No doubt the expenses for this lump of lard are in the tens of thousands of Pounds.
Try hundreds of thousands. Remember, he can't phone up the RAF for a flight any more so the best he can manage is British Midland's business class. And why, in the name of god, are we paying to get Sky TV extended into his bedroom? Essential for his parliamentary business? My arrse. Sounds like he's just subscribed to the adult channel.

MPs in safe seats, or at the end of their career, who don't bother to turn up at parliament are becoming a growing problem. Margaret Moran went sick for a year while still able to interview for highly paid consultancy posts. George Galloway turned up three or four times a year and used his expenses to subsidise a place in Portugal while he wrote a biography of Che Guavera.

Perhaps, for once, we could take a leaf out of Europe's book. MEPs can't claim any expenses unless they vote in more than half of debates. That's why the Euro Parliament doesn't turn into a ghost town after lunch on a Thursday.

Low attendance, voting and general lack of useful parliamentary activity should trigger an automatic by election. It's a job, they receive a salary; if they don't work they should be replaced by somebody who does.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Low attendance, voting and general lack of useful parliamentary activity should trigger an automatic by election. It's a job, they receive a salary; if they don't work they should be replaced by somebody who does.
They are more important than others and don't actually have to do the job we pay them to do. They seem to have gold plated and untouchable pensions too.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Tony Blair is completely - to the point of pathological status - convinced of his own intellect, moral rectitude and inspirational powers. As a result you cannot tell him anything and he only sees what he wants to see, believes what he wishes to believe and hears only that which reinforces his world-view.

He is the world stage's version of the nutter on the bus. He is the arch exponent of the big lie. He changes the facts to fit the situation rather than using changes to adjust his (child-like) appreciation. He moralises endlessly and espouses ethics whilst at the same time being mendacious and spiteful towards those who cross him.

He is in love with himself to an extent that would make Narcissus blush and look away embarrassedly. He will never improve because his cocoon is built of reinforced ego buttressed by kilotons of self-image appreciation and flunkies pandering to his view. Therefore complaining about him is of little use. The only thing that would stop him is death. He is, IMHO, such a case of mono/megalomania that even being publicly humiliated would not change his core image. Whatever it might do to his access to the oxygen of world politics and his peers good regards...

I am, as you can tell, undecided about him.

Tony Blair is completely - to the point of pathological status - convinced of his own intellect, moral rectitude and inspirational powers. As a result you cannot tell him anything and he only sees what he wants to see, believes what he wishes to believe and hears only that which reinforces his world-view.

He is the world stage's version of the nutter on the bus. He is the arch exponent of the big lie. He changes the facts to fit the situation rather than using changes to adjust his (child-like) appreciation. He moralises endlessly and espouses ethics whilst at the same time being mendacious and spiteful towards those who cross him.

He is in love with himself to an extent that would make Narcissus blush and look away embarrassedly. He will never improve because his cocoon is built of reinforced ego buttressed by kilotons of self-image appreciation and flunkies pandering to his view. Therefore complaining about him is of little use. The only thing that would stop him is death. He is, IMHO, such a case of mono/megalomania that even being publicly humiliated would not change his core image. Whatever it might do to his access to the oxygen of world politics and his peers good regards...

I am, as you can tell, undecided about him.

You forgot to mention he is almost a textbook psychopath. His inability to empathise were classically illustrated in his complete failure to even accurately mimic what might be considered real or sympathetic emotions over the death of Diana.
Clarissa Dixon-Wright gives an interesting description of him in her autobiography, as she knew him from Chambers.

We don't say psychopath these days, it's sociopath isn't it? :wink:

I know a couple of Fettesians who referred to him as being at school "so wet you could shoot snipe off him".

Those the Gods destroy, they first send mad.

Hopefully, he'll contract some very unpleasant, terminal and extremely painful disease in due course.