Blair moots Darfur no-fly zone

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Random_Task, Dec 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Blair moots Darfur no-fly zone
    Yahoo News
    Link

2. I thought the Janjaweed (sp?) ride around on jeeps and horses? Granted the Sudanese air force may have been involved in a few attacks, but would a no fly zone really make any difference?

Or would it be an easy PR spin for a "Humanitarian" PM that sounds good to the Guardianistas but would actually do naff all for the problem?

Ah.

3. Well he hasn't got any troops left to put in on the ground has he?

4. Sounds like the RAF are about to be committed... Fine the fast jets aren't doing much at the moment but what about the c130s etc needed to resupply any RAF deployment?

In the dying days of the Third Reich Hitler moved armies around that he no longer had, or indeed no longer existed. Blair's got little capability left; but he's still playing war games.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I was going to say he hasnt got any planes but that never stopped him, oddly enough maybe Crabfats new Typhoon can spend 2 minutes on CAP inbetween aircon stays in hotels.

6. I remember reading something about helecopter gunships being used in Dharfur.

7. Sounds like a job for "RAF-SAS"! :D

8. Yes he expected (amongst others) that Steiner's division was set to relieve him.

Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of war films knows that Steiner only had a platoon.