Blair meets Israeli Forces Families

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DodgerDog, Sep 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is a quote from today's Independent on Sunday. It os good to see tat he has time to make political gestures to forces families, just a pity that he hasn't got the backbone to to it at home :x and face the injured of his own doings in Afghanistan and Iraq and the Families who have repeatedly requested such a meeting with him! :x

2. http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/article1433391.ece

Bliar is happy to meet the families of kidnapped Israeli soldiers, but not those of dead British soldiers?

I did not think this man could sink any lower into the cesspool of contemptibilty. He is not human, and certainly not fit to hold office. He shames this nation, and all those who wear its uniform.

3. This is a quote from today's Independent on Sunday. It os good to see tat he has time to make political gestures to forces families, just a pity that he hasn't got the backbone to to it at home :x and face the injured of his own doings in Afghanistan and Iraq and the Families who have repeatedly requested such a meeting with him!
    ...would be the reason why I suppose or I've read the post wrong :oops:

Edit because of fingers and thumbs!

4. The man has no shame

5. Edited by me for three reasons.

1. Gentlemen, it's not the Naafi bar, keep the flowery language out of it.

2. The issue under discussion , is the Celestial Navigator (Peace on him and his) has decided to visit the familes of Israeli Soldiers , when there seems to be a paucity of visits to familes of British Soldiers, or indeed injured and maimed British Soldiers currently in hospital, rehabilitation or elsewhere. The direction the thread was already taking , was wildly off topic.

3. Whilst there is strong feeling that perhaps Euan should consider a career in the Military , he isn't responsible for the 'sins' of his father.

Is Blair right to visit the families of Israeli soldiers , when his 'mission' is to re-open the dialogue in the road map. Does he already show a potentially unacceptable favouritism in Palestinian and Arab eyes by making this visit?

Does Blair's visit show blatant hypocrisy, when the families of British soldiers who have requested an audience, are refused?

6. Cheers, I thought I was going mad in seeing things - posts here one minute and gone the next!

On the son of the father issue though - it is not a call for him to join it is about parental behaviour and Teflon Tony realising what stresses the families of serving personnel suffer and why it is pathetic of him to meet the families of Israeli soldiers missing in Lebanon and yet not face the wounded or families of the dead in UK

7. Eendeed, Peess eepon heem and hees! :twisted:

8. Politicians (especially such an experienced politician as Rt.Hon.learned mr.Blair) make stupid steps very rarely.

What is the main problem that mr.Blair face? You know the answer. Of course it is not the fate of captured Israeli soldiers. So the meeting looks strange but from the first glance and only for those that don't understand how it works.

After the meeting mr.Blair will be supported (and supported very actively) by certain financial and political circles. And it could prolong his political life.

9. Sergey your post sounds a touch conspirationalist, would you mind enlightening us about who frequents these political and financial circles?

10. Nigegilb!

Speaking about the circles I meant mainly the foreign ones that are too well-known to name them directly.

Anyway, I don't see more realistic explanation... sorry... maybe one of the captured is his illegitimate son?

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/760956.html

So the meeting is a part of the "battle".

We know what he has been told exactly.

11. Aah gotcha! Do you think they will get round to talking about Iran?

There is talk that Israel might be invited to join NATO. Wonder what the Frenchies will make of that......

12. From Iain Dales Diary

Are you suprised ?

The Strange Priorities of Tony Blair

I'm told by a source in the armed forces that there is incredulity in Iraq amongst our soldiers that the Prime Minister has found time to meet the families of the captured Israeli soldiers.

Every sympathy goes to them as fellow soldiers but this is the PM who has never attended a UK military funeral, visited an injured soldier in hospital (and there are many more than the Govt will admit too) and has never met with the families of UK soldiers either killed or injured in Iraq or Afghanistan. Smashing bloke eh?

13. No, not surprised at all. Blair is only visiting in his mission to build his place in history as an prime minister who was an international statesman of immense stature and importance (yeah right, 'yo blair'). Visiting troops' families here is of course no value to his main effort, therefore, he doesn't do it.

14. Well, that and Israeli families are not as likely to try and cut his hair with a chainsaw.

However, if we could arrange a Briss involving a rusty Stanley knife and a bag of salt from the Dead Sea, it'd be a start.