Blair may become a Catholic deacon

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...rticle_id=461032&in_page_id=1811&in_a_source=

Tony Blair has discussed becoming a Roman Catholic deacon when he quits office.

The revelation comes as he prepares to meet the Pope amid speculation that he will use the audience in the Vatican to announce his conversion.

In his last foreign engagement, just days before he leaves Downing Street for the final time, the Prime Minister will visit Pope Benedict XVI in what officials say will be a "highly significant" personal mission.
Btw, how many Catholics are among the English? Are you a Catholic?

If he is after sainthood or martyrdom i am sure a stake and some faggots of wood will help, maybe we could burn the witch as well.

I'd give anything to listen in at his first confession.

Isn't a deacon a trainee priest?

Ancient_Mariner said:
I'd give anything to listen in at his first confession.

Isn't a deacon a trainee priest?
No, it's like a grade below priest, they can be married, and are allowed do certain things but not celebrate mass. Trainee priests will be ordained deacons on their way to being priests.

I don't know where this report comes from, he'll have to be recieved into the Catholic Church first, and the deacon training takes a few years.

Anyway, it's probabally a chance for him to reflect on past actions.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
mcclurg said:
KGB_resident said:
Btw, how many Catholics are among the English? Are you a Catholic?
Are the majority of people in England not Catholics now?
No. They're Muslims 8)

In 2003 the estimated Catholic population was 4,105,635, with only around 1/4 attending Mass regularly.

I'm in no place to 'throw the first stone' but all I'm gonna say is the priest hearing his confession better not be a busy man...

Wyvern said:
I'm in no place to 'throw the first stone' but all I'm gonna say is the priest hearing his confession better not be a busy man...
Blair only apologises for the 'mistakes' of others before him and thus 'atones' for their sins. Mind you, reeling off others' sins in a confessional will take some time and then some. 8O

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/03/25/dl2503.xml

Apologising for actions you did not commit is gesture politics at its most pointless. Tony Blair owes us all a real and genuine apology for misleading the country on the grounds for invading Iraq. But given that he has already apologised for the Irish Potato Famine, will it mean anything if he does?

Wyvern said:
In 2003 the estimated Catholic population was 4,105,635, with only around 1/4 attending Mass regularly.
It's probably gone up quite a bit since due to the number of Polish immigrants in the country. Several parishes have had to import Polish priests to cope with demand.

craftsmanx said:
This report must be wrong. There's no way Bliar would accept any position lower than Pope.
He's working his way up. :D :D :D

MsG

Ancient_Mariner said:
I'd give anything to listen in at his first confession. Isn't a deacon a trainee priest?
... i don't think you'd hear anything interesting because every decision he has made he believes to be correct and that he has not sinned in any way shape or form - such is this "walter mitty" character !

Apparenetly he is said to have asked if the fact that he was a Prime (penis) minister would help speed his case as it normally takes 2-3 years but as with everyting that Teflon Tone does it'll be a lot faster. Wonder if he got his cronies to offer the Pope a knighthood for a Deacon in lieu of cash?

perhaps tony will offer to hear God's confession? He's the only one qualified (according to him!)

polar69 said:
Is that like a "Joey Deacon" ?
Nah, Bliar's much more arch...

I think that Christians, be they C of E, Catholic or methodists, try to obey the ten commandments, two of which are "do not lie" and "do not kill"
So with his track record, how can Bliar even be a Christian, let alone a deacon

I'd vote for his Cannonisation...

Blair will be the first person convert and be immediately excommunicated. I'm surprised the RC bishops will allow him in; he hasn't exactly been a friend of the Church.