Blair may become a Catholic deacon

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Jun 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=461032&in_page_id=1811&in_a_source=

Btw, how many Catholics are among the English? Are you a Catholic?

2. Is that like a "Joey Deacon" ?

3. If he is after sainthood or martyrdom i am sure a stake and some faggots of wood will help, maybe we could burn the witch as well.

4. I'd give anything to listen in at his first confession.

Isn't a deacon a trainee priest?

5. No, it's like a grade below priest, they can be married, and are allowed do certain things but not celebrate mass. Trainee priests will be ordained deacons on their way to being priests.

I don't know where this report comes from, he'll have to be recieved into the Catholic Church first, and the deacon training takes a few years.

Anyway, it's probabally a chance for him to reflect on past actions.

6. Are the majority of people in England not Catholics now?

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

No. They're Muslims 8)

8. In 2003 the estimated Catholic population was 4,105,635, with only around 1/4 attending Mass regularly.

I'm in no place to 'throw the first stone' but all I'm gonna say is the priest hearing his confession better not be a busy man...

9. Blair only apologises for the 'mistakes' of others before him and thus 'atones' for their sins. Mind you, reeling off others' sins in a confessional will take some time and then some. 8O

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/03/25/dl2503.xml

Apologising for actions you did not commit is gesture politics at its most pointless. Tony Blair owes us all a real and genuine apology for misleading the country on the grounds for invading Iraq. But given that he has already apologised for the Irish Potato Famine, will it mean anything if he does?

10. It's probably gone up quite a bit since due to the number of Polish immigrants in the country. Several parishes have had to import Polish priests to cope with demand.

11. This report must be wrong. There's no way Bliar would accept any position lower than Pope.

12. He's working his way up. :D :D :D

MsG

13. ... i don't think you'd hear anything interesting because every decision he has made he believes to be correct and that he has not sinned in any way shape or form - such is this "walter mitty" character !

14. ... certainly in bliars cabinet i believe i'm correct in saying

15. Apparenetly he is said to have asked if the fact that he was a Prime (penis) minister would help speed his case as it normally takes 2-3 years but as with everyting that Teflon Tone does it'll be a lot faster. Wonder if he got his cronies to offer the Pope a knighthood for a Deacon in lieu of cash?