Blair lied - who'd have thunk it?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sunoficarus, Jan 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Coincidentally, I had just read the following on the BBC's news site.:.............

Lord Goldsmith advised Mr Blair on 14 January 2003 that UN Security Council resolution 1441 was not enough on its own to justify force against Iraq.

But on 15 January Mr Blair told MPs that while a second UN resolution was "preferable" there were circumstances in which it was "not necessary" - in the event of the use of an "unreasonable veto" by a Security Council member.

He also told the BBC's Newsnight programme on 6 February 2003 that if a country vetoed a further resolution "unreasonably" then "I would consider action outside of that".

In a written question from the inquiry panel, Lord Goldsmith was asked if he felt those words were "compatible with the advice you had given him".

Lord Goldsmith replied simply "no".".........................

Wonderful isn't it?
  2. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Well I'm not going to go to bed tonight and be so surprised by the news that I can't sleep...
  3. Is this the person widely known as B Liar ?

4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Politician lied to further their agenda, ****ing never!!
  5. When he turns up at the inquiry, I hope some canute on the roof drops a fire extinguisher on his head.
  6. How can he have lied?

He thought it was the right thing to do.

He did not know! Which as he was committing the nations resources to a grand over seas expedition I would consider a fairly critical factor.

The man will walk away untouched and without sanction. Its one of those things where getting mad about it for some reason does not help.
  7. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

FFS GOD told him to smite the unbelievers, honist
  8. And some where this week he'll be giving an after dinner speech that will net him a a few thousand more quid to add to his pile......If you are there God, could you send someone to knock him off please.
  9. Fixed that for you.
  10. It was the right thing to do......Mr Jebus told him.
  11. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

well at least he bunged the british legion four million pounds , I dont care who you are thats a lot of money to give away .

12. Me.Jebus or Mr.Bush? Maybe Mr.Bush is Jebus?
  13. Let's hope the panel rip into him when he returns for further questioning,

Like I said, let us hope
  14. Guilty conscience?????