Blair- I would be delighted if my children served in Iraq

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6596653.stm

Prime Minister Tony Blair has told reporters he would be "delighted" if his child wanted to serve in Iraq.
Does Ewan know it's dry?

Edited to add link and quote - PTP

Actually he said Tie Rack.

It's all that time spent in the company of GWB.

Mr Blair,

You sick fcuking weasle politican.

1. No parent is delighted that there kid is in Iraq - they might be proud that kid is in Iraq.

2. You of course caveat that with the view that it is their choice, of course.

Fcuk me I did not think you could stoop that low.

**** you, fcuk off under a stone, and never every mention Iraq or parenting agian, your comment proves you have no right to express a view on either.

Jailorinummqasr said:
Mr Blair,

1. No parent is delighted that there kid is in Iraq - they might be proud that kid is in Iraq.

* you, fcuk off under a stone, and never every mention Iraq or parenting agian, your comment proves you have no right to express a view on either.
Seconded. :x

Words almost fail me- the lying cnut has surely hit rock bottom with this statement. I can only assume that he is now without a shadow of a doubt certifiable and should be sectioned for the good of the country.

76mill said:
Words almost fail me- the lying cnut has surely hit rock bottom with this statement. I can only assume that he is now without a shadow of a doubt certifiable and should be sectioned for the good of the country.
If only it were that simple . . . . 8) :(

The smarmy canute. :evil:

Does anyone remember the Michael Moore episode were he asked the US senators if they would send their pampered rich kids to Iraq. Out of 100 of them only 2 had serving sons and the rest looked appalled at the suggestion. For elite scumbags war is something for poor people to get involved with.

Jailorinummqasr said:
Mr Blair,

* you, fcuk off under a stone, and never every mention Iraq or parenting agian, your comment proves you have no right to express a view on either.
Ditto

I cannot possibly pass comment on the man(?)'s statement as I am sure the moderators or net nazis would remove it.

Words really do fail me.

I heard the lying weasel on the radio and he sounded most unconvincing.

As pointed out, it is an insult to those who have family in harm's way. Perhaps he could bring himself to visit bereaved families or the wounded, if he so "delighted" by military service.

I am sure Bliar would never place politics over the welfare of his children, would he? :roll: Remember Gummer, his daughter and that burger?

Mind you, if there was a candidate that would benefit from a stint in the Army, it would be young Euan.

"Blair, sniper across street, draw his fire"
"What, me again, Corporal?"

"Blair, suspect package, go check it out"
"What, me again, Corporal?"

"Blair, looks like a minefield, go mark out a path"
"What, me again Corporal?"

(Muffled voice through primary speech module of respirator)

"Right, detector paper clear, time for sniff test. Blair, respirator off....."

76mill said:
I am lost for words! :pissedoff:

Perhaps, just perhaps there is a use for the gutter journo press and just perhaps someone should send the URL of this page to them to let them know what we, those who serve or have served, really think about the lying weasel bliar. It defies belief that he can systematically destroy the military at every opportunity, then have the cheek to devalue it even further.

I defy any labour or potential labour candidate to knock on my door, and expect to get away unscathed.

What is Blair all about? That man is lower than a squaddies ball bag in a fire fight!

"Prime Minister Tony Blair has told reporters he would be "delighted" if his child wanted to serve in Iraq."

I might be making an assumption here but as the word delighted is highlighted (inverted commas?) did he actually say this?

Thats the benefit of the doubt thing done.

My dictionary - delight - please highly-take great pleasure in.

I cannot seem to find the words to express my disbelief in reaction to this statement.

In summary - What a complete arrsehole (its all I can type thats printable)

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
B-liar has shown himself to be the most contemptible Prime Minister that this country has ever suffered under and we have had some real worms in the last two centuries with which to compare him.

His Labour Party toadies have on occasion compared himself to other leaders who are held in great esteem but the true comparison is:

He presides over lies like Mussolini
He deludes himself like Kim il Sung
He presides over the Honours system of Lloyd George
He has the grasping, self interested spouse of Marcos

It is just a shame he doesn't have the bullet ridden skull of John F Kennedy.

I tried to post this earlier but the thread had vanished.

On a more serious note than my first reply...

When my son was sent to Iraq I felt a curious mixture of pride and apprehension, in proportions that fluctuated according to the type of news that was finding its way back to the UK.

At times I also felt physically sick with fear, especially in the interval between casualties being announced and their names being released. (I described this in almost real time in Chapter 2 of my Blog 'Telic 7 and other things'.)

What I never once felt was 'delighted'. Not until I received the news that he, and the rest of his comrades, were back safely in Germany. That is to say, the ones who did make it back safely.

At best Mr Blair's comment (if correctly reported) was ill-judged. At worst it was crassly stupid.