bLair-I wish Id have kept a diary...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Feb 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

"Dear Diary,
    Today Gordo &,um,I had a little tiff.What you,my diary,need to realise is that I had only the best,er,intensions for myself and the whole of my dear
    followers..."

Prime Minister Tony Blair has revealed that he does not keep a diary - but wishes he had.

The news will raise questions over the memoirs Mr Blair is expected to write after he leaves 10 Downing Street later this year.

Publishers are believed to be queuing up to get their hands on what will be one of the biggest political books of the decade, potentially earning millions of pounds for Mr Blair.

But they now know that he will not have the benefit of a detailed record of his private thoughts, discussions and feelings to draw on when recreating the story of his 10 years in office......

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/09022007/344/wish-d-kept-diary-blair.html

So that'll be the diary that does not exist then just in case it's found.....

2. I'm sure he'll be able to make something up. Not like he's short of practice, is it?...

3. Only if it is called 'The Diary of a Lying Nobody' would I even bother to pick it up.
    He will by way of reward for his loyalty to a bad cause be paid millions but the book will sell few copies.
    There is always a large market for well written fiction but none at all for books filled with nothing more than self justifying and deluded lies.

Only sven will wait slobbering in greasy mac for Waterstones to open to purchase the book and have a broken Blair sign his copy.

Tragedy is sometimes so banal.

4. Whats wrong with Greasy Macs - they are OK with a medium French Fries and Diet Coke :thumright:

Bliar will turn out to have a photographic memory!!!!

5. So he has no reliable source data to base the story of his acheivements in power. hardly surprising, its just like the way he has gone about his business for the last ten years.

surely he just needs to look at all the stone crosses he is responsible for to jog his memory.

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Are we really meant to believe that he has not kept a diary during his period as PM? Or is this another Bliar-speak in that there are several diaries but none in his handwriting. :thumbdown:

It is almost part of the job description to keep one for the post era publication.

7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

With my head sufficiently swathed in bacofoil, I would suggest that with the current tendency to subpoena written material for enquiries, there is a very very good reason that TB does not keep a diary.

I would be suprised if any PM did again.

8. Billy Liar hasnt delivered anything worth writing in a diary about, except "dear diary, the fools who live in this country have fallen for my lies yet again!! how gulible are these subjects, nay servants to me and my whims. Cherie was right they will belive anything i tell them as long as i smile and wave my arms around, oh nearly forgot, just bought another house aswell"
    To**er who deserves to be driven round all the graves of the brave blokes who have given their lives in the pursuit of more oil for america and to apoligize to each and every family.

9. Here is something that shortly could happen to any of us.
    You find yourself in a book shop and you will see a title that catches your eye. You will then pick up a copy of 'The Diary of a Lying Nobody' and open it. There you will read the opening line:
    "Once upon a time, a long time ago in a far and distant land called America I had a good friend called George Bush who I could rely on to do the right thing..."

At that point you will want to immediately wretch up and screaming out loud
    'WHAT A LOT OF F'UCKIN' B'OLL'OX!', you will throw the book back in the remainder bin from whence it came and storm out of the shop swearing never again to read another book as long as you may live so help me god.

10. That's okay then, he'll be able to recall it all from his Swede when he comes to publish his memoirs. Me thinks it could be one of history's greatest works of fiction!!! Of cause he has kept some sort of record...the mans a kkhant! His BA miles statement will be a good start.

11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

What a lying b'stard!! How is he going to write a book for Murdoch to publish if he hasn't kept a diary?

ALL politicians (at least those that become PM) keep diaries. They are called Appointments Diaries at worst.

Edited to add:

What I would humbly suggest is that he is saying this so that he doesn't have to show it to the police investigating the Cash for Honours affair.

12. He doesn't not keep a diary but his diarist keeps a diary, even Prescott 'had' one. Blair's biographer will keep a diary. Even if Blair did keep a diary, it would be no more than self-serving evidence of a highly selective type.

Alistair Campbell was and is an avid diarist and if his diary was published verbatim with the dirt he has on Blair it would make him Millions.

Whatever Blair publishes it would qualify not for the 'Booker' prize for fiction but for the 'Golden Cockroach' award, unique to political writing, since politicians and cockroaches share much in common.

Both cockroaches and politicans are harmful to mankind. Both are parasitic creatures. Both thrive on and spread filth. Both reproduce their own kind at an alarming rate. Both work in the shadows and more importantly, both scuttle back there for cover when any strong light is shone on them.

13. Does that put him in the same league as Abraham, the late and then not so late JC and Muhammad? Other people report what he did and then, years after, there's armed disputes over which one was right. Mind you, in a few tens of years he will be part of our national amnesia and we'll just wonder where all the mess came from.

14. He's lying again.

He used to keep it electronically on the Downing Street network - but it was accidentally deleted during (ahem) housekeeping / disc defragmentation procedures carried out recently.

15. If he had one wouldn't it have been a "Liary"?

Nothing that could later be used against him in a court of law!

Quack