Blair hails Col. Gaddhafi on trip to Libya

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6699447.stm

UK Prime Minister Tony Blair has praised "positive" talks with Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, on the start of his week-long tour of Africa.

Mr Blair, who discussed defence, counter-terrorism and business with the Libyan leader, said relations had been "completely transformed".

BP is to return to Libya after 30 years after signing a gas exploration deal.

Mr Blair will also visit Sierra Leone and South Africa in his last big tour before stepping down as PM.

Speaking after a two-hour meeting in a tent outside the coastal city of Sirte, Mr Blair said BP's decision to return to operations in Libya marked a "huge investment".

He added: "I'd just like to say how positive and constructive the meeting with leader Gaddafi has been.

"The relationship between Britain and Libya has been completely transformed in these last few years. We now have very strong co-operation on counter-terrorism and defence."

He said the commercial relationship between the two countries was going "from strength to strength" and showed how relations could change.

"A few years back Britain and Libya could never have had this relationship," he added.
Ahhhh yesterday's enemies, tomorrow's friends eh?

Leaving aside the fact Gaddhafi is still an odious tyrant who sent tons of kit to the Provos, I dont suppose there was any pressure for democratic reform amongst all the arrse-licking?

Looks like Libya is getting fast-track entry into Bliar's 'arc of moderation' along with the Saudis.

Not that BP and BAE will be complaining of course!

Democracy, shemocracy...what a farce.

It sickens me when the pursuit of wealth overrides ones principles to such an extent that a highly respected politician lowers himself to shake the hand of a murderous, deceitful and wicked tyrant.

Gaddafi should be aware he's got an image to think about. He should have taken advice before going anywhere near this tw@t.

Jagman I think its called "politicians memory" or in medical terms "selective memory loss".

jagman said:
Pan Am, Lockerbie
Blair is a prize tw@t with a short memory.
Not to mention a WPC in St James's Square outside the Libyan Embassy.
This b'stards now on a week long jollt to visit all his friends in Africa, is he pooping in Zimbabwe to see Bob now that he's leaving just so that Bob knows that with TB's permission he carry on killing the masses.

Blair is only doing what we all would be at this stage in his career and that is networking. He is just travelling around the world trying to ensure he can scrape a few coffers together once he is an OAP by showing off what hes good at. Now with some of his actions in the last ten years he might not be as good as Gaddhafi or Saddam but has a lot of promise in being able to build his nest egg at the expence of the public a bit like those two. Give him chance he might only start at a junior position but if was given more time like those two in charge of the country could of become just as good a Tyrant. When is he off to Korea and china?

Gotta keep off the John smiths.

Watched something on the same lines on Sky this afternoon. Showed a map of Africa showing everywhere the smiling gimp is popular because he (invariably "we" the armed forces) has done some sort of "good deed". Would of been interesting to stick a map of the UK next to map of Africa to show everything he's b*ll*xed up to put it into perpesctive :x

When I heard this I nearly stacked the car into the arm-co at J16 south... You have got to be sh1ting me, for a moment I thought the BBC had adopted the waahhh nonsense...??!!
Yet another wasted opportunity to rid the planet of two fcukes at once !!!! :pissedoff:

Taz_786 said:
CAPTION COMPETITION

MADAME TUSSARDS TYRANTS OF THE CENTURY SECTION

WHO THE FCUK ARE YOU (both are thinking it)

There's arse-licking and then there's ARRSE-licking:

Later Mr Blair met relatives of the 400 Libyan children who were allegedly deliberately infected with the HIV virus by five Bulgarian nurses and a Palestinian doctor in 1998.

The medical personnel, who say they were made scapegoats for poor hospital hygiene, face the death sentence.

Mr Blair said relatives had suffered a great tragedy and told them there was much sympathy for them in the UK.
Isnt there an international campaign underway to clear these poor medics? :roll:

And by not even acknowledging their plight, hasnt the cnt just dropped them right into the sh*tter?

Do you REALLY think Blair is on the same level as a middle Eastern dictator? (NB. though his wife does get the perks :roll: )

And while we are on the subject of making deals with murders, does anyone here wish to withdraw from the Good Friday Agreement for the sake of a painful handshake?

RIP WPC Yvonne Fletcher.

Lest we forget.

Taz_786 said:
There's arse-licking and then there's ARRSE-licking:

Later Mr Blair met relatives of the 400 Libyan children who were allegedly deliberately infected with the HIV virus by five Bulgarian nurses and a Palestinian doctor in 1998.

The medical personnel, who say they were made scapegoats for poor hospital hygiene, face the death sentence.

Mr Blair said relatives had suffered a great tragedy and told them there was much sympathy for them in the UK.
Isnt there an international campaign underway to clear these poor medics? :roll:

And by not even acknowledging their plight, hasnt the cnt just dropped them right into the sh*tter?
'Taz' as you know well! When has Bliar ever bothered his arrse about the effects of his actions or inactions besides, cant have issues distrupting 'Dear Leaders' adolation farewell at the public purse tour! Dear god is there any chance that he would just slink off the slimey cnut :x

Taz_786 said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6699447.stm

UK Prime Minister Tony Blair has praised "positive" talks with Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, on the start of his week-long tour of Africa.

" Just goes to show you ..sooner or later you have to answer for your mistakes..." Calvarare - Bandit Leader - The Magnificent Seven.

Anybody care to join me in a coup de main on HMG?

Gaddaffi did it!

parapauk said:
Do you REALLY think Blair is on the same level as a middle Eastern dictator? (NB. though his wife does get the perks :roll: )

And while we are on the subject of making deals with murders, does anyone here wish to withdraw from the Good Friday Agreement for the sake of a painful handshake?
Blair on the same level as Gadaffi? Without a shadow of a doubt.
Actually I suspect Gadaffi is probably less morally corrupt

Taz_786 said:
Ahhhh yesterday's enemies, tomorrow's friends eh?
Just as well, otherwise we'd be well and truly alone in the world with our history!!