Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Blair furious at BBC challenge to integrity

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3048356.stm

Tony Blair has warned that the BBC report claiming the government "sexed up" the Iraq weapons dossier was "as serious an attack on my integrity as there could possibly be".
Dismissing the allegation as "absurd", the prime minister told a Sunday newspaper: "Everyone now accepts that that charge is wrong."

"You could not make a more serious charge against a prime minister," he told the Observer.

Sorry, I can hardly type for laughing. If you back down BBC, you will never be taken seriously again, as an independant news organisation. Well, semi-independant anyway.

I suppose one good thing will come out of this,  New Labour will probably have the last laugh and abolish the licence fee.  Good for us, but a blow to BBC funding.

Heheh, I found this on the internet the other day *cough*

...thought it were reet funeh!

m0nt463.jpg

;D

He's obviously had the nod that the 'report' when it's published tomorrow will exonerate the Government, as if anybody thought otherwise seeing as it's Labour controlled.

He's kept his head down for weeks while the enquiry was investigating, but now he chooses to make sweeping pronouncements, sounds fishy.

No matter, the damage is done for him.

Greg Dyke is reported to be rallying the colours in the face of opposition from some BBC governers who want to fold to Blair pressure.

Blair must be furious that one of his media luvvies has jumped ship. Still, if Estelle Morris can get Minister of the year, anything can happen.

The BBC are too committed to just throw their hands up. At the very least, go down fighting Auntie  ;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3050080.stm

Do I detect the beginnings of a 'fudge'

The corporation's overall coverage of the war in Iraq was fair and impartial, the governors said.

But they accepted that certain aspects of BBC Radio 4's Today programme's coverage of the story could have been handled better including getting a response from No 10 prior to broadcast.

Obviously more to come .....  ;)

Yes, but he is also saying that the BBC never implied that BLiar lied or took us to war under false pretences...which is pretty much what Gilligan did say, and pretty much what actually did happen.

This is almost as funny as T B liar stating that he wants to

"renew his vows to the country".

Since when did we get married?? And if we are can i have a divorce please  ;D