Blair favourite for EU Presidency

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jagman, May 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Me too, infact more than badly, I might admit to being somewhat miffed
  2. Does this mean that the EU will be going to war with Russia?

After all they really DO have WMD's.

Another reason why EU withdrawal cant come soon enough.
  3. Just 3 things Jag :D

1, it's not really the "President of the EU" like people would think of the US president, he'll have no real power, it'll be more like our President's role, a continuous figurehead..for want of a better term.
    The article hit it on the head about the Chinese/Russian and US view a lot of the time, and the Czech presidency has been an absolute clusterfu,ck.

2. I don't think Tony's going to get it.

3, if Tony does get it, this Europhile will personnally blow up the Commsion building....hopefully with him in offence to you Brits. :evil:

BTW if ECHELON or whatever programme running picks this up as a terrorist is, and worth jail time to stop the prick. :x
  4. Not when his receipts come to light he won't. ;)
  5. The only part of Europe Blair should be in charge of is a cell in Full Sutton Prison.

After an appearance in the Hague at the International Criminal Court of course.

Edited for missing out a word.
  6. 1. As it stand now its only a figurehead. I'm sure Blair will look to change that. Regardless, he is still unelected

2. He's hot favourite, stranger things have happened.

3. The que of people wanting to carry your bags of semtex will be around the block. And it'll be a hotly cntested race to be 1st to do it.

No offence taken, no really, I wouldn't mind at all, not in the least.

I really do think I will have a serious sense of humour loss if he gets the job. I despise the EU and everything it stands for, this would just be the straw that broke the camels back.
  7. the fact that he is even considered highlights what a corrupt, undemocratic organisation the EU is. going 'guy fawkes' on them is appropriate.
  8. No no, no!
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

You have too much faith in the power-brokers in the EU.

No matter how bad Tony's expenses might yet turn out to be, it'll be small 'conforming-to-EU-regulations-on-size-colour-and-shape' potatoes compared to his fellows in the EU Parliament who are troughing to the tune of millions, or in some cases, considering the construction swindles, BILLIONS.

B Liar will looking positively angelic, sh!t, no, wrong word, spinnably clean compared to them.

The EU power-brokers have seen for themselves how he managed to bamboozle an entire nation for many years, start a war on lies, walk away smiling, professing his religious zeal, whilst leaving a mountain of dog turd next to the timered fan for Cyclops as he left.

Far from thinking he's angelic, they think of him as a 'wizard' for the stunts he managed to pull. 'Just vat ze EU needs ve fink eh?'
  10. IF, and it is a big if, his expenses ever come to light, lets hope the Met can charge him with some type of fraud. He can get the wide-mouthed frog to defend him but who would have a crook in the EU team..........silly me, its already full of them !!!! He'd be at home !
  11. I thought his receipts were already available along with the rest but they'd just been ignored by the mainstream press because he's not in office any more ?
  12. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Bliar and then his successor have systematically ruined GB. If the EU are dumb enough to let Bliar take over, they deserve everything that will surely follow. Really, it's enough to make you weep.

Time to emigrate to the USA or Canada I reckon.
  13. A foia request went put in for blairs expences and shortly thereafter, the receipts were 'accidentally' shredded. Basically, they knew he had made fraudulent claims and destroyed the evidence (a criminal offence). unfortunately, labour control of the police and CPS precluded the possibility of a prosecution.
  14. If he has accidentally lost/shredded his expenses documentation then he will get the job. They will know that he is one of them and OK.