Blair: Cameron "is a rat"

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Dec 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

A Rat? Too vulgar. 'Flying piglets' sounds better.
  2. What? Blair isn't actually saying anything of the sort. It actually looks like he's advocating moderation.

Selective quoting again, Sergey? ;)
  3. Well he is Russian..
  4. 'you sir are a RAT'................. said the weasel.
  5. Sorry, I'm not a native English-speaker. So I could understand the words of highly esteemed mr.Balir in the wrong way.

It is clear that mr.Blair's attitude to mr.Cameron is at least not friendly.

I understand it as mr.Blair compared mr.Cameron with a rat. Maybe I'm not right? It's possible. So what did mr.Bair mean?
  6. Bliar said it would NOT be sensible to say Cameron was a rat. :D
  7. Allegedly.
    First time I've ever read English that has a Slavic enunciation.........or does the language school teach refusal to use the definite article in both spoken and written form?
  8. Probably you are right. Each time we should translate words said by politicians from political English to usuall one. For example

after the translation we have

I don't want to be simply a Lord (as many others). I dream to be at least a count, maybe even a duke.

By the accoding to BBC

So it appears that BBC doesn't understand political English too.
  9. Wel...Better a rat than a snake
  10. Brilliant!!! :lol:
  11. That's a bit of an unfair dig. Definite articles aren't used in Russian.
    Otherwise, Sergey does a very fine job of getting his points across, considering it's a foreign language for him.

Er, how's YOUR Russian, by the way?

12. well one rat has my vote unlike that ummm cant think of an animal how about '****'?