Blair bows out with tribute to UK troops

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by western, Jun 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How noble of him, im sure those wives without husbands and kids without fathers are thankful for his heartfelt apology. :x
  2. Cheers Tony. That makes us feel so much better.

Fcuking Muppet!

I'd have just said too little too late but I think its even more obvious than the fact that the Puppet he handed over to is going to be just as much as a cnut!
  3. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Perhaps he should have said how many repatriations he attended, or how many of our people he went to visit in hospital..... perhaps we should be told.

That's one area where, whether you agree with him or not, Bush at least has the courage of his convictions. He regularly visits hospitals, talks to bereaved, and looks the people in the eye.
  4. What I think about that platitude isn't for Current Affairs, so I commented in The NAAFI Bar.

5. Good to know that Tony has been on our side. With mates and colleagues dying, and their families struggling to survive the aftermath, it is great to have the sympathy of our lords and masters!

Let us hope that PM Gordon (the tight-fisted git who has starved the military of funds) will see his errors and generously support HM Forces from here onwards - more money both at home and abroad, and a timetable to withdraw troops from Iraq and Afghanistan.
  6. I am sipping champagne after raising my glass in a "good riddance you cnut" toast. I spat in the glass before raising it! :wink:
  7. I'm pretty sure he just didn't want his picture associated with the scarred, dismembered evidence of the real cost of his vile arrogant, deceitful and hubristic under-resourced, lie-based adventures in the dustbowls.
  8. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

Even against all his sins against the forces, at least he said it. According to the news it was the first point of his speech and he seemed to be genuine in his sentiment. I'm not an apologist for him, and I'll probably be ridiculed for this,but as I said, at least he said it.

Edit to add that these good words pale in comparison to the sacrifices of some of the forces and I am in no way saying that he's a good bloke for todays tribute.
  9. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

I will second those sentiments.
  10. Also agree, seemed genuine. Might have realised in that final moment that Iraq was the reason he was handing power to Gordon. Maybe he felt sorry for the troops and sorry for himself at the same time. Hope Gordon was listening. he has to get British troops out of Iraq soon. Otherwise he will become the figure of hate for so many.
  11. Problem is that T.B.liar believes everything he says is true. The 2 faced cnut.
  12. Im with DB here .... im afraid that the only words i can sum up to describe my feeling towards him and his speech are NAAFI not Current Affairs :shakefist:
  13. About ruddy fooking time I hope he will visit the National Remorial and note the names of all the service men and women that have died on Ops since he has been in power!!!! :x :x

And as for Brown and his control of the purse strings dont get me started after the conversation I had tonight with my PSAO about MTD and he is already asking for an extension for me in Fecking June to cover JOTAC, AA DSO, LFTT and Mine Awareness Advisors as well as being Pl Comd and Coy 2ic :x :x :x :x :x