Blair accepts disaster in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Nov 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's difficult because there was NO post-conflict planning you fool. Your damned ego got us into this , and repeatedly sticking your head in the sand , and refusing to criticise America, and your steadfast refusal to listen to the experts , but rather dismissing them as 'Arabists' when it became obvious things were going to hell in a handcart.

What the hell did you use for planning and guidance , prayer meetings with the Shrub? You ignored every qualified civil and Military expert , you stayed silent when you were being told that barely qualified clowns were screwing it for everyone. Worst of all, you kept silent even when it was obvious to everyone the politicians taking decisions away from Military commanders was going to end in tears.

If you had only listened , but your ego just wouldn't allow you to.

Oh **** it, we've been over this over and over again, I really am starting to think this man needs a check-up from the neck up. He just can't accept he is a major part of the problem.
  2. You just described 90% of elected officials.
  3. Only the labour party could come up with this response:

4. Yes it IS what he said but NOT what he meant - please wipe the tape and revise your opinions.
  5. It's all gone a little Lewis Carroll, hasn't it? 'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in a rather scornful tone,' it means just what I choose it to mean, neither more nor less.'
  6. Could somebody please a la Cross of Iron, take Tony and show him where the 'Iron crosses grow'
  7. Presumably if he has accepted the disaster of Iraq he should now apologise to the Iraqi people, to our Armed Forces, to the British people, and the citizens of the world and promptly resign?
  8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

This made me sit up GM_1000, I actually used the whole quote on a paper that dealt with the middle east and ideology specifically, including Iraq which I entitled 'follow the white rabbit' to post the full quote here. Excellent post to wake up to mate....

‘“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “It means just what I choose it to mean. Neither more nor less.”

“The question is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different things.”

“The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “who is the master. That is all.”’
  9. Perhaps in his twighlight years, he'll have time to reflect on 'his war'.

Unlike Churchill's belief that 'history would be kind to him as he intended to write it', history isn't going to be kind to Bliar, because others will write it.
  10. The biggest disaster in Iraq is there now - Gordon Brown!
  11. Tony Blair will always be known as Bush's lackey and the man who singlehandedly dragged the UK into Iraq. Remember the man is a lawyer, he knows exactly what he is saying and why he is saying it:

Weapons of mass destruction ..... 40 minutes away etc etc.
  12. Pity he can't be impeached
    Guarantee that he couldn't talk his way out of it.
    He's sinking faster than the Belgrano, and all his 'friends' are now Gordon Broons latest good buddies.
    Even his sisterin-law can see the way the wind is blowing and scarpered off to OZ
  13. The whole cabinet please, as it is collective responsibility. :x
  14. we invaded someone else's country. Why would anyone not expect it to be a disaster?
  15. Biscuits,
    I'm sure Churchill would only need to have laid eyes on Blair and his immediate response would be to give the wretch a f'ucking good slap, while yelling at him,
    "Finest hour, you call this our finest hour, well do you, you little shit?"

And if later he had found out that Blair had not taken the trouble or care to find out whether the chemical weapons Saddam had allegedly possessed were battlefield response weapons or long range offensive ones,
    I'm sure he would have wrung Blair's neck.