Blair ; a man without honour.

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by old_fat_and_hairy, Nov 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Blair branded a man without honour. He refuses to resign.

Nope, not the sainted Tony, but the other one. The commissar of the Met.
    He has lost the trust of his men and brought shame on the Met! And believe me, that is a very hard thing to do.

2. Thats not what was being said on the radio this morning. According to Ken Livingstone, President of London, the Bobby on the beat loves Sir Ian.

But why should he resign when he is not the top man??

If TB/GB were facing calls to resign over Iraq/Afgan then shouldnt the Home Secretary be resigning as he is Sir Ians boss???

3. Boys and Girls

They are all on the Gravy Train and nobody is going to force them off.

Honour - they couldn't spell it :cry:

4. do the police get taught about honour and integrity in hendon, or do they skip thhat class?

5. old_fat_and_hairy

Ian Blair is a ploitical copper. A Guardianista. He is self-serving and officious, just like all the Labour appartchik..

But I'm not bitter.

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Oh, sorry, I thought this was about Bliar. I was going to take issue with some of the words in the article, specifically, the one that states 'man'.

So, we've got a head-shed copper who refuses to resign, though I personally don't think he should, and a traffic tzar (FFS) who gets done for speeding and won't resign - I know which one I want to see the back of, and he's welsh.

7. old_fat_and_hairy

The Home Secretary does bear the ultimate responsibility for the Met. Not for other forces, though. However, the Home Sec wasn't in charge of the operation, nor did he dissemble or lie to the press, and public.
    Ian Blair does bear the responsibility, and this is just one more bollock he has droppe, yet he clings on to rank and power like a drowning man.

8. Certainly devoid of honour and not much of a man.
    I would characterise him as a greedy little New Labour homunculus determined to cling on to power and rake it in for as long as he can. Blair is just a politician with a warrant card. He doesn't give a toss about protecting the people of London from the depredations of chavages and has no sense of natural justice, integrity or rightness - only political correctness and spin. He has done much to emasculate the Met and ordinary people suffer a reduced quality of life as a consequence.
    Creatures like this don't resign because they view the job as rightfully theirs; no matter what. He will have to be pushed. God knows what kind of mendacious fool would replace him though.

How about a reactionary ex general whose idea of community policing is dawn raids, roving snatch squads and heavily armed bricks and multiples patrolling estates, until basic law and order has been reimposed at street level.

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Didnt he just receive a £25000 bonus? CNUT

10. old_fat_and_hairy

That would be the one, but would just be effectively taking policing back to where it was before elf'n'safety, community policing and multibloodyculturist training took over. When it was a police force and not a service!

11. Where is that nice Mr Kitson these days?

12. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Coppers Blog
    He seems eminently sensible, obviously doomed to retire a PC then!

13. old_fat_and_hairy

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Wasnt he persona non grata after the Freddies in Belfast?

15. old_fat_and_hairy

He is not diplomatic in any way. He was definetly persona non grata in Kenya. But a man who knows how to get the job done.