Blair ; a man without honour.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Blair branded a man without honour. He refuses to resign.

Nope, not the sainted Tony, but the other one. The commissar of the Met.
He has lost the trust of his men and brought shame on the Met! And believe me, that is a very hard thing to do.

Thats not what was being said on the radio this morning. According to Ken Livingstone, President of London, the Bobby on the beat loves Sir Ian.

But why should he resign when he is not the top man??

If TB/GB were facing calls to resign over Iraq/Afgan then shouldnt the Home Secretary be resigning as he is Sir Ians boss???

Boys and Girls

They are all on the Gravy Train and nobody is going to force them off.

Honour - they couldn't spell it :cry:

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ian Blair is a ploitical copper. A Guardianista. He is self-serving and officious, just like all the Labour appartchik..

But I'm not bitter.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Oh, sorry, I thought this was about Bliar. I was going to take issue with some of the words in the article, specifically, the one that states 'man'.

So, we've got a head-shed copper who refuses to resign, though I personally don't think he should, and a traffic tzar (FFS) who gets done for speeding and won't resign - I know which one I want to see the back of, and he's welsh.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The Home Secretary does bear the ultimate responsibility for the Met. Not for other forces, though. However, the Home Sec wasn't in charge of the operation, nor did he dissemble or lie to the press, and public.
Ian Blair does bear the responsibility, and this is just one more bollock he has droppe, yet he clings on to rank and power like a drowning man.

Certainly devoid of honour and not much of a man.
I would characterise him as a greedy little New Labour homunculus determined to cling on to power and rake it in for as long as he can. Blair is just a politician with a warrant card. He doesn't give a toss about protecting the people of London from the depredations of chavages and has no sense of natural justice, integrity or rightness - only political correctness and spin. He has done much to emasculate the Met and ordinary people suffer a reduced quality of life as a consequence.
Creatures like this don't resign because they view the job as rightfully theirs; no matter what. He will have to be pushed. God knows what kind of mendacious fool would replace him though.

How about a reactionary ex general whose idea of community policing is dawn raids, roving snatch squads and heavily armed bricks and multiples patrolling estates, until basic law and order has been reimposed at street level.

ugly

LE
Didnt he just receive a £25000 bonus? CNUT

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
John_Charity_Spring said:
Certainly devoid of honour and not much of a man.
I would characterise him as a greedy little New Labour homunculus determined to cling on to power and rake it in for as long as he can. Blair is just a politician with a warrant card. He doesn't give a toss about protecting the people of London from the depredations of chavages and has no sense of natural justice, integrity or rightness - only political correctness and spin. He has done much to emasculate the Met and ordinary people suffer a reduced quality of life as a consequence.
Creatures like this don't resign because they view the job as rightfully theirs; no matter what. He will have to be pushed. God knows what kind of mendacious fool would replace him though.

How about a reactionary ex general whose idea of community policing is dawn raids, roving snatch squads and heavily armed bricks and multiples patrolling estates, until basic law and order has been reimposed at street level.
That would be the one, but would just be effectively taking policing back to where it was before elf'n'safety, community policing and multibloodyculturist training took over. When it was a police force and not a service!

Where is that nice Mr Kitson these days?

ugly

LE
Coppers Blog
He seems eminently sensible, obviously doomed to retire a PC then!

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
western said:
Where is that nice Mr Kitson these days?[/quote]

Just been re-reading his 'Gangs and Counter-Gangs' and his 'Warfare as a whole' has a place of honour in bookcase. I knew him as a Major. Nutter, in the best possible way.

ugly

LE
Wasnt he persona non grata after the Freddies in Belfast?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
ugly said:
Wasnt he persona non grata after the Freddies in Belfast?
He is not diplomatic in any way. He was definetly persona non grata in Kenya. But a man who knows how to get the job done.

ugly

LE
I seem to recall he set up the freddies and it all went wrong with turned terrs and blue on blues etc. I also think that some of the teams were a little over enthusiastic.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
That could be his son. I think he was CGs at that sort of time. Certainly was a Field Marshal.

ugly

LE
That may explain something, I though the old fellah instituted itthinking we could do the turned terr gang thing but thepaddies on both sides were adifferent case!

I think the Freds were based on his counter gang theories and the simple principle of terrorising the terrorists.

I think it has been well documented that one particular team did get over enthusiastic. I have met others from that unit who had no time whatsoever for them.

First saw Kitson as a Maj Gen in MOD Main Building in 1979 or 1980 so he may have been too high in rank for operational involvement in 1972.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ah, 1972. Yes, was his son.

His theories on gangs were very sound, and had worked in other areas, but Norn iron was a bit different

Latest Threads