Bladeless Multitool

The original leatherman didn't lock. It relied on the way it folded open..

The lock mechanism turned up on the first 'super tool'.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk
Indeed.

I stopped lending my supertool out in the end. Cretins couldn't close the blade and once or twice opened all of the blades which was a pain.

That looks difficult to use, uncomfortable to wear and very overpriced. Unusual for Leatherman to produce something that seems so totally impractical.
Very popular with Americans/those who have to pass through TSA hands when traveling apparently

E2A: Also seems to suit the dress style of most US oil field workers (non-executive types)

I have a Spyderco bug on my car keys. Sharp enough and big enough for the time’s I need something sharp and haven’t planned on taking a knife

I have even, accidentally, flown repeatedly with it on my car keys and not yet been stopped for it. Not that I would intentionally fly with it on my hand luggage.

I would argue anyone needing a longer blade on a regular basis has the justification that would see them able to explain away a gerber/leatherman/bigger knife. Carrying one just in cases is, as has been repeatedly stated, not a defence likely to get you off a charge.

Latest Threads