Blackwaters Secret War in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Rumpelstiltskin, Nov 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Worth reading.

, though...

Edit: Oops, forgot the link. Thanks P_m

2. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Have they accidentally outed their own source in that last para you quote or is Wilkerson the jorno writing this stuff?

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Nothing new, nothing to see.

Air America? Cambodia? Bay of Pigs? Extraordinary Rendition etc etc etc ad infinitum?

All this Geneva convention stuff, and playing nice is for those who like to hug dolls and things. When you're up against people who'll fly planes into buildings or broadcast the slow sawing off of civilian heads, then fcuk it; off come the gloves.

4. Yes Biped and normally I'd agree, but when exactly would you say that 'terrorising the terrorists' is doing nothing more than fuelling the fires of a war we cannot possibly win.

5. Makes for interesting reading, sounding more like the plot of a Hollywood blockbuster, though I suppose it was only a matter of time!

6. Not much of a secret now is it?

7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

8. I thought so but it's more about the politics of it all rather than a tale of mercenary derring-do. Goes on a bit but if you've got an interest in it it's worth a blast.

9. Its not brilliant insight into the PSC world because its sole purpose is to slate Blackwater! It is interesting if you take it with a VERY liberal pinch of salt. A few good facts forming the basis for a large amount of speculation.

Dominick Donald's RUSI short books are better for a balanced, less opinionated view on the PSC world and its future. (He actually knows what he's talking about, as an employee of a major PSC).

10. Scahill is a hippy twat.

Read it, shelved it, thought it was shyte. Not even called Blackwater anymore! Silly twat

11. Well it worked for us in Malaya!

12. Aren't they called "Xi" now ?