Blackwater - washington post

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by winnfield, Oct 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The WashPost has a great special section on security contractors, in particular Bl.Water

About Blackwater: [For few years ppl (ie media and commentators) continually mention Blackwater but they never explained who they are and what they actually do]

Pentagon vs State selected highlights
  2. It's fortunate that they haven't investigated that much more shadowy organisation, ARRSEwater
  3. Not the biggest fans of this lot.

Showy, loud, aggressive, not tolerant of anything foreign...real winners of hearts and minds.

Our standing orders were to steer well feckin' clear of them.

I was watching them conducting entry and clearance drills on some large building in the Green Zone.
    All blacked up, roping in from the helos, approaching the building in wagons at mach ten-blokes hanging off the outside of them (like they do on the telly), stacking up, doing the running around and jumping and shouting "clear" thing.

It was very exciting...and I remember thinking...."knobs".
  4. For a moment there I thought you meant The State Department.
  5. Yes, Blackwater are gung-ho idiots, this is hardly news, how long before Halo-Jones is harping on about privatisation of war and how it is a disgrace, blah, blah, blah.
  6. They might be a bunch of Cnuts, but they have got their heads screwed on when it comes to liability.

I wouldn't mind have a non prosecution clause in my terms of service.