• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Blackwater "Proshop"

Hot on the heels of Blackwater, Tim Spicer has just announced a new line of children's toys to be released (in African markets initially, with others to follow) in time for Christmas:

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as24f-e.htm

Might buy a T shirt with a Black Water motiff for my next tour of Iraq....... or maybe not

Blackwater rifle (heavily fouled) - $500.00
Blackwater underpants, slightly soiled. - $20.00
Blackwater humvee (imprint of Iraqi civpop in bumper) - $1200.00
Getting off scot free for a drunken murder - Priceless.

For making you feel safe in your own damn country, there's professional soldiers with a chain of accountability.

For everything else, there's Blackwater.

smartascarrots said:
Blackwater rifle (heavily fouled) - $500.00
Blackwater underpants, slightly soiled. - $20.00
Blackwater humvee (imprint of Iraqi civpop in bumper) - $1200.00
Getting off scot free for a drunken murder - Priceless.

For making you feel safe in your own damn country, there's professional soldiers with a chain of accountability.

For everything else, there's Blackwater.
Until the US government run out of money. Truely the privatisation and profit in war thing has gone way past the acceptable!

Well, I suppose they're branching out to cover thier loss of income when the Iraqi government tell them to sling thier hook.

Oh, hang on - that won't happen because the Americans don't want them to go.

Iraqi "sovereignty"? My arrse!

wouldn't mind a couple of the posters (my work thinks its clever to put up motivational posters :roll: so slipping a couple of those in would be fun :twisted: )
and the mouse mat is uber waltish

OpsO

Old-Salt
'Truely the privatisation and profit in war thing has gone way past the acceptable!'

You can't lump all PSC in the same group. Blackwater employ idiots and currently the entire PSC community is paying the price for it.
PSC do perform a generally mundane function that allows soldiers to spend more time doing more important things than baby sitting engineers, NGOs and media types.

I do not think that many PSDs delude themselves that they are fighting for freedom etc etc (Blackwater may be the exception).

OpsO

Old-Salt
Fair one, not a particually light hearted reponce. Point taken. I do like the Blackwater hats though, perfect way to say 'I love me'

OpsO said:
Fair one, not a particually light hearted reponce. Point taken. I do like the Blackwater hats though, perfect way to say 'I love me'
I wasnt generalising i was most specific as to meaning BW
ps if your going to quote me please do me the curtesy of putting my name there

and your so right about the hats, i know (long story short unfortunatly) an ex ranger who works for BW! he has to make sure the 'Tshirt or hat' is in every pic he posts, for some reason he thinks that i admires his 'service' with them? 8O

OpsO

Old-Salt
Apolgies for not putting you name above quote, new to this posting lark.

Quote halo_jones

I wasnt generalising i was most specific as to meaning BW

Quote halo_jones

Until the US government run out of money

The US goverment either directly or indirctely pays for the majority of PSCs in Iraq, therefore i did not realise that you were being specifically anti-BW. No offence meant, just disagree with you about privatisation and profit being passed acceptable.

But I am off topic and not light hearted again.

OpsO said:
halo_jones said:
Until the US government run out of money
The US goverment either directly or indirctely pays for the majority of PSCs in Iraq, therefore i did not realise that you were being specifically anti-BW. No offence meant, just disagree with you about privatisation and profit being passed acceptable.

But I am off topic and not light hearted again.
Well as long as War being privated and profitable! Why not just roll up the whole US ARMY and leave it to blackwater to dictate foriegn policy strategy! whilst this is off thread.

the mentality of Blackwater proshop does show more about the american mindset and Erick Prince's take on earning a buck?

It seems like it's a case of "Never pass up a marketing opportunity" A bit walty though

OpsO

Old-Salt
halo_Jones wrote

Why not just roll up the whole US ARMY and leave it to blackwater to dictate foriegn policy

Since when has the army dictated foreign policy? Except in Military dictatorships?

Erik Prince is simply a well connected ex-seal who was in the right place at the right time. But you are right I think it says lot about a persons mentality if they choose to wear Blackwater kit.

Attachments

OpsO said:
halo_Jones wrote

Why not just roll up the whole US ARMY and leave it to blackwater to dictate foriegn policy

Since when has the army dictated foreign policy? Except in Military dictatorships?

Erik Prince is simply a well connected ex-seal who was in the right place at the right time. But you are right I think it says lot about a persons mentality if they choose to wear Blackwater kit.
Regardless of post military experience, Blackwater employees are not bound by this oath:

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
While the US military may not dictate US foreign policy, it is an instrument of that policy.

These guys are mercs, pure and simple, and as such should be held to the same standards as any civilian employee. Their presence and actions in Iraq are legally ambiguous at best in my opinion.

ghost_us said:
These guys are mercs, pure and simple, and as such should be held to the same standards as any civilian employee.
Well that's an interesting legal point as I thought their constitution forbade citizens acting as mercenaries, the penalty being a loss of citizenship.

Philthy said:
ghost_us said:
These guys are mercs, pure and simple, and as such should be held to the same standards as any civilian employee.
Well that's an interesting legal point as I thought their constitution forbade citizens acting as mercenaries, the penalty being a loss of citizenship.

I think your confusing the posse comitatus act. Where military cannot be used as civil law enforcement.

I took a peek thru the constitution but couldn't find anything against mercenaries, however, I found this and I'm sure some lawyer could argue it in favor of Black Water.

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
It's a stretch, but thats why we have liars..err.. lawyers.

OpsO

Old-Salt
ghost_us, what are you on about: of course members of PSC don't swear allegiance, THEY ARE NOT THE MILITARY. Blackwater have over 840 staff in Iraq over 240 of whom are TCN should they swear allegiance? And what relevance is swearing allegiance anyway?

PSC are not to take part in offence actions, this is a fundamentally moral reason why they are not mercenary, although given Blckwaters mentality I am sure lot of them would take great pleasure in being called Mercenaries.

Again I am trying to remain light hearted:

A common disease that is infecting lots of PSCs in Iraq and Afghanistan, if you have any of the following symptoms follow the instructions at the bottom:

1. Large amount of primping, i.e. mousse in your hair despite the fact you live in a war zone.
2. Your forearms break out in tattoos, often tribal or USMC related
3. All your shirts are skintight "Under Armor" T-shirts
4. Have used, currently using or consider using steroids
5. Refer to yourself as a "Shooter" or "Operator for Blackwater"
6. Look down upon all other PSD teams that are NOT on the Ambassadors Detail, to include other Blackwater employees.
7. Grow a beard to blend in with the locals, even though you are a 6ft tall blonde with a "Death before Dishonor tattoo.
8. Think the Palace pool is a good place to pickup chicks
9. Are arrogant and condescending to people with more experience, training and who make more money than you.
10. Forget that doing a mission that has been performed in the past by Tier 1 assets does not make you a Tier 1 asset.
11. Truly believe you look good in a Speedo
12. Despite the fact there are laundry facilities available you insist on wearing a dirty brown T-shirt with your blood type in black magic marker to work.
13. You wear a shmmagh as an ascot to fit in with the locals
14. Because you are a "High Speed-Low Drag" PSD guy you think long hair and an unkempt beard looks professional.
15. You are familiar with doing "high threat PSD with CAT team and Air assets".
16. Look puzzled when someone refers to the pool as a "Sausage Fest"
17. You carry a drop-leg holster, wear a Federal Agent Badge, flash bangs, 5 or more pistol mags, asp, handcuffs, surefire light , leatherman, on your belt and a Gerber mark II strapped to the outside of your boot, in the embassy complex.
18. Thursday night is your favorite night of the week.
19. A drunken, naked, Englishman has pissed on the air vents of you trailer
20. You have excellent kit.
21. When your advance goes out to the Red Zone, Army MPs secure your perimeter.
22. Believe by running Iraqis off the road you are winning their "hearts & minds".
23. Despite earning a six figure income you wear a ragged ball cap that has not ever been washed
24. Your 9 man PSD team consists of 34 men, 6 armored SUVs, 2 Army Stryker vehicles, an MP company, 2 "little birds" and 2 AH-64 gunships. With an AC-130 on call!
25. Your entire wardrobe can be purchased at Brigade Quartermasters.
26. You have a Blackhawk credit card.
27. You refer to Myock as "The Farm"
28. You know what color the boathouse at Hereford is.
29. The girls talk to you because you "make the big bucks"
30. You have a Bear paw tattoo
31. The most dangerous thing you have ever done is: PSD!
32. You blouse you Royal Robins 5.11 pants into your boots
33. Often email pictures of yourself in body armor, weapons and kit to all your friends, family and anybody that you have their email address.
34. Believe people really give a shit about seeing multiple pictures of you in your body armor, weapons and kit.
35. If you have ever gotten drunk and pointed loaded weapon at your best friend and thought it" was FUN!"
36. You demonstrated your "quick draw" technique to your girlfriend.
37. You have been seen wearing a black boonie hat, black shirt, black pants, black boots, black body armor, black ammo pouches and a MP5…in a desert environment when its 110 degrees
38. You refer to yourself as a "rock n' roll mercenary"
39. Despite having tons of assets-you have not left the Green Zone since July.
40. As it has gotten colder instead of wearing a long sleeve shirt, you wear long underwear with a short sleeve golf shirt. But the golf shirt has your company logo on it.
41. You have ridden a bicycle off the diving board into a swimming pool and thought you were impressing people.
42. You spray paint your M4 into a desert camo pattern, though you only operate in a urban envoirment
43. A MP5 is your primary weapon
44. All your T-shirts have a police, military, weapon, or SWAT school logo on them
45. Chasing Palace pussy is more important than your job performance
46. A chap from CRG has had to give you a lesson in manners, after you pushed him out of your principles way. Even though the lad had already stepped aside.
Cures for Blackwater Fever:

1. Sit down, remain calm. Eat a slice of humble pie.
2. The lads you pissed off yesterday are the ones that will come to your aid in a firefight tomorrow. Remember we are all on the same side.
3. Get a proper haircut, shave and treat other personal as you want to be treated. Don't let your ego get bigger than your hat size.
4. Carry your self as a Silent Professional

America is a slightly more dangerous place than say, Portsmouth UK? People in the USA tend to have better access to firearms than we do.
I was wondering if some Oink wearing his Blackwater T shirt, hat, trousers etc was to be walking though Disney World and there was a Palestinian / Iranian / Iraqi working there, and there are quite a few of them doing very menial jobs, do you think that they might, with luck, declare an instant Fatwa on the said Blackwater dressed Seppo?

Latest Threads