Blackwater changes its name to become Xe

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fantassin, Feb 13, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. US security firm mired in Iraq controversy changes its name
    Blackwater Worldwide renamed Xe as company tries to salvage its tarnished brand

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/13/blackwater-changes-name-xe

Blackwater Worldwide is abandoning its tarnished brand name as it tries to shake a reputation battered by oft-criticised work in Iraq, renaming its family of two dozen businesses under the name Xe. The parent company's new name is pronounced like the letter z.

Blackwater Lodge & Training Centre — the subsidiary that conducts much of the company's overseas operations and domestic training — has been renamed US Training Centre Inc., the company said today.

The decision comes as part of an ongoing rebranding effort that grew more urgent following a September 2007 shooting in Iraq that left at least a dozen civilians dead. Blackwater president Gary Jackson said in a memo to employees the new name reflects the change in company focus away from the business of providing private security.

2. A leopard never changes his spots!

3. Standard business practice surely?

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

If there was a new owner and attempt to clean out the w@nkers, I might give them the time of day. This is just a cynical attempt to flannel.

They remain cowboys

5. So the word on the street will be: "We used to get topped by Blackwater psychos but now we get topped by Xe psychos, and that's OK".

MsG

6. Blackwater-kind of agelessly cool as a brand.

Xe? Cool for 5 minutes.

As for being cowboys, they're American FFS, it's what they do!

7. How does Xe become ZED :? I know, I know, it's pronounced Zee by our cousins :oops: . Sounds like a poor Frog accent to me :x

8. It's actually like that scary pervert Dick Cheney suddenly insisting that he be named "Reechar Shaynee" French-like, as if it would detract from his inherent evilness.

MsG

9. msr

msr LE

Backwards ex?

We've all been there before ;)

msr

10. msr

msr LE

11. Damn, now I have to get the Blackwater tattoo removed and bin the t-shirt! :wink:

Attached Files:

12. I use Xe to calculate my ACVs

13. Would have been cooler if they called themselves Xenon.