Blackwater changes its name to become Xe

US security firm mired in Iraq controversy changes its name
Blackwater Worldwide renamed Xe as company tries to salvage its tarnished brand

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/feb/13/blackwater-changes-name-xe

Blackwater Worldwide is abandoning its tarnished brand name as it tries to shake a reputation battered by oft-criticised work in Iraq, renaming its family of two dozen businesses under the name Xe. The parent company's new name is pronounced like the letter z.

Blackwater Lodge & Training Centre — the subsidiary that conducts much of the company's overseas operations and domestic training — has been renamed US Training Centre Inc., the company said today.

The decision comes as part of an ongoing rebranding effort that grew more urgent following a September 2007 shooting in Iraq that left at least a dozen civilians dead. Blackwater president Gary Jackson said in a memo to employees the new name reflects the change in company focus away from the business of providing private security.

If there was a new owner and attempt to clean out the w@nkers, I might give them the time of day. This is just a cynical attempt to flannel.

They remain cowboys

So the word on the street will be: "We used to get topped by Blackwater psychos but now we get topped by Xe psychos, and that's OK".

MsG

Blackwater-kind of agelessly cool as a brand.

Xe? Cool for 5 minutes.

As for being cowboys, they're American FFS, it's what they do!

fantassin said:
The parent company's new name is pronounced like the letter z.
How does Xe become ZED :? I know, I know, it's pronounced Zee by our cousins :oops: . Sounds like a poor Frog accent to me :x

It's actually like that scary pervert Dick Cheney suddenly insisting that he be named "Reechar Shaynee" French-like, as if it would detract from his inherent evilness.

MsG

Backwards ex?

We've all been there before ;)

msr

:)

Damn, now I have to get the Blackwater tattoo removed and bin the t-shirt! :wink:

Attachments

Because I'm a fussy cnut, it's actually pronounced Zee. I'm surprised that a British reporter in a British newspaper has submitted to the Americanisation of the alphabet by demonstrating the pronunciation of of Blackwaters new name in this way.

On topic: Meh, it's a new name, but it's the same company, and they're still providing 'security' for their employers.

Latest Threads