Blackpool. The dogsh*t capital of Britain

I have to get this off my chest. We took the kids for a walk along South Shore just after Christmas as it's usually nice and quiet there (as well as being not too chavvy) but this was spoilt somewhat by what I can only describe as a concerted effort by the dog walkers of Blackpool to turn the nice new prom into a replica of a 1970's council estate street.
You couldn't walk 10 paces without having to side-step a dog egg, and this wasn't localised but went all the way up to south pier.
Just over a mile of almost solid dog shit. I'm tempted to call the Guiness Book people to get it set as a record but before I do, is there anywhere else in the UK which can match this total ignorance of their fellow citizens right to clean public places?

Maybe the dog shit is radioactive and they don't want to pick it up? That would make sense. There is a nuclear power station up the coast IIRC. Or maybe the owners are just cnuts.

The dog-shit capital of the UK is Salisbury Plain Training Area - fact.
The number of irresponsible dog owners who drive up, let the dogs out for a dump and drive off again is unbelievable. Cnuts the lot of them! :x

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
Went to York a couple of years back and there is a lovely green outside of the Castle Museums. I think every dog in the North Riding used it as a public bog - it was covered.

Read an article about some gaff in Italy where every dog owner has to have their mutt DNA registered and a dedicated shite dept conducts 'sampling patrols'. Large fines are impossed upon transgressors.

A system like that imposed in the UK would teach the manky *******, however in the meantime, best SOP is to follow the cnuts to their house and stuff the offending package through the letter box.

Read an article about some gaff in Italy where every dog owner has to have their mutt DNA registered and a dedicated shite dept conducts 'sampling patrols'. Large fines are impossed upon transgressors.

A system like that imposed in the UK would teach the manky *******, however in the meantime, best SOP is to follow the cnuts to their house and stuff the offending package through the letter box.

I like your thinking, but that would be a full time job around here.

Folkestone's pretty good for dog toffee too, and I've seen a few white ones here and there. Fly tipping seems to be a popular hobby as well especially within the lower classes and the east european types.

I should have also included Blackpool as a potential candidate for 'Body Odour Capital of the UK' as well.
Seriously, about one in 50 can randomly make you gag.
You may not notice this if you visit in the summer when the tourists are in, but off-season, like now, it's very obvious. Them and those with some kind of 'disability' lurching\wheeling themselves around the place make a winter visit to Blackpool very challenging.

Them and those with some kind of 'disability' lurching\wheeling themselves around the place make a winter visit to Blackpool very challenging.
Obesecycles should be banned and I'd noticed there are more of them in the north west for some mad reason. There is some kind of of Kudos oneupmanship over them!

Obesecycles should be banned and I'd noticed there are more of them in the north west for some mad reason. There is some kind of of Kudos oneupmanship over them!

I blame Brian Potter, for making it de rigueur with the masses in that area.

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Oddly enough I've been on plenty of hols in the SW of England, and despite most of the places being very dog-friendly, to the extent of letting them in cafes, pubs, etc, there is very little evidence of dog toffee anywhere that I've been.

This may be down to a combination of responsible dog owners, it being too expensive for scumbags to either visit or live in, hills (so discouraging any electric fatmoblies), and of course it being a bloody long way away from the North West. In truth, it's probably just the latter.

Are you sure they were dog eggs? Maybe Blackpoo has seen a large amount of Indian tourists.

"Replica of a 1970's council estate"

You mean The Pads in Catterick?

Incidentally the dog shit problem by me has got so bad the park dedicated to dog walkers is frequented less than Chernobyl and as such it is expanding rapidly like an Ebola outbreak.

I now have to drive over a mile away from my gaff now just to take my dogs for a walk without them or me losing a foot to a dog mine or meeting a dog walker as I must admit, as a dog walker, I ******* hate dog walkers.

No real problem with mutt shite here in Mablethorpe/Skegness, but if you fancy a walk around any of the big lakes in the parks then you need wellies and a face mask, the Canada geese have deposited their king size dumps every where, stupid grockles insist on feeding the ferkers.

The perfect answer to geese ...

http://www.hornady.com/store/12-GA-Heavy-Magnum-Coyote-00-Buck-3/

86224%20Heavy%20Magnum%20Coyote%2012%20gauge%2000%20Buck%203%22-01.jpg

Latest Threads