Blackpool is a cesspit

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately, Blackpool town council think that putting the occasional recycled bench in the town is gentrification. It isn't, benches are removable; ask @Kirkz he lives only 15 miles from Blackpool as do I. Gentrification for Blackpool would be an airdrop of napalm.
The southern equivalent of Blackpool has to be Margate. The shittiest place on earth since Mumbai high street was hosed down. Margate used to be fine, in a cheap, tacky way; until some twat decided to dump shitloads of Kosovan refugees in the town. Result, crime rate soared 100%, shops closed down and were boarded up and the whole area turned into a miniature Beirut virtually overnight. 90% of margate's inhabitants are unemployable while the other 10% are finding useful work recycling other people's property or selling drugs.

There seems to be a theme here, Rhyl was supposed to nice until the council houses started to sold off in England, and Rhyl was one of the places chosen as a dumping ground for problem council tenants and ex cons

Cue a big rise in crime and drug taking, and big names stores shut up or left, leaving the town looking like a post apocalyptic wasteland

If you think Blackpool is bad never visit Rhyl, it's like Blackpool without the old world charm, and no attractions of any note or nightlife, the bedsits are full of ex cons and drug addicts dumped from English areas because it's cheap, and in holiday season it's full of chavs and Scousers too thick to work out they could have had a holiday of their liking somewhere Magaluf far cheaper
We used to go to Rhyl for day trips circa 1980, i loved the Sun Centre although it was a HSE death trap. Cesspool was also on the list but once the cheap Spain holiday cropped up we started going abroad. I went to Llandudno about 2 years ago and it was empty

There seems to be a theme here, Rhyl was supposed to nice until the council houses started to sold off in England, and Rhyl was one of the places chosen as a dumping ground for problem council tenants and ex cons

Cue a big rise in crime and drug taking, and big names stores shut up or left, leaving the town looking like a post apocalyptic wasteland
Yes, but not exactly.
Rhyl was always the North Wales equivalent of a mini-Blackpool, plus the hoardes of scousers getting their annual caravan pretend pikey fix at Talacre and you get a toxic mix. Rhyl was always cheap and cheerful and ended up with a lot of DSS scroungers from right across North Wales and a number of scousers who settled there to dodge the English Police, plus a major drug dealing ring that set up there in the 1990s and bingo, instant sh!thole.

Again, Rhyl used to be a cheap and cheerful day out at the seaside, now it is drug central. SWMBO worked there in the late 90s/early 00s, it was part of her patch as it comes under Wrexham Maelor outservices who she used to work for.

Llandudno is much nicer (if you can find a parking space).

I think Blackpool is symbolised quite nicely by the "Funny Boyz" kebab house, which allegedly served up the minced up remnants of a teenage chav in it's kebabs.

Missing girl's body 'put into kebab'

"Soss, salad?"

Bugger. I was going to ask @kiwidoug if he had ever visited Skeggy.
If there is one place - apart from Liverpool, that exemplifies northern chavs, it's Skegness.
Do all of these half decent, northern villages and towns (and to be fair, there are some lovely places, up north) send all of their scumbags, and utter twäts to live there?
It's in the Midlands!

So no good then? I haven't been to any north side sea side resorts (or even up much of north tbh actually). Have only ever been to Brighton, Hastings and Southend-on-sea on some nice sunny warm days as they are close to London. I thought they weren't bad for a day out on a nice day.
Nope, they're terrible, read the posts in this thread. If you found them enjoyable and had a good time in pleasant company it must be because you're a foreigner, blind to all of this. ;-)

Hastings a bit iffy mind, as is Margate but a day out to be had anyhoo. Canterbury is a cracking weekend, good food and pubs.

You're doing pretty well yourself, as you have no idea as to the current temperature here, nor the strength of curry I consumed.
I suggest you give your head a minor wobble before posting pretentious piffle in future.
Quite right - if you like red with curry then you crack on. As the 'expert' on my recent whisky masterclass 'there is only one RIGHT way to enjoy whisky - how YOU like it, be it straight, with water or ice, even with a mixer for some whiskies'.

I've drunk white with mild curries, red with stronger - I prefer wine if I've got a hot chilli on the go. Do what makes you feel good and enjoy what's in your cellar...er...that last bit...ignore that....ok?

Blackpool is full of smack rats who didn’t have the ambition to reach Newquay where the sun shines occasionally making their begging thieving and sleeping /dying in doorways a bit easier

I work with a lad who started with North Wales Police in Rhyl - pretty much as described here - and in the summer the Scousers come!

Blackpool is a bit like Sarfend in Essex where all the Londinistan Councils send their junkies and alkies, chaves and ne'er do wells to live. Blackpool is possibly going the same ways with seedy back street B & B hotels being paid to take in local chavs, mongs, alkies and druggies for somewhere to live.
I went out with a woman from Southend for 4+ years.

Despite working for Goldman Sachs give her three large glasses of wine and she went off like a Katyusha. If she couldn’t find any body builders, Eastern European whores, drug dealers or rugby boys to lash out at (leaving me to iron it out) she would save it up and point it at me on the way back to her London home.

I used to just chin her off, literally take a leftbwhen she took a right, head to Waterloo and fuck off back to the Home Counties, leaving her baffled and walking home alone

Back to the OP

Black pool is honking

well if they didn't have coupons in the 70s like they did in the 80s when I got back to Germany myself as a spotty squaddie then he certsinly must have got cheap petrol as I remember our caravan trips always included three or four jerrycans of petrol lobbed in the caravan
they had them in the sixties "BP" which our transport sgt had a nice little fiddle going, because we used them if we were away from camp for our landies and the german garage owners had a nice little agreement where we would cash some and our sarge would get a share. there's nothing new in this world.

Regrettably not limited to obvious sh!tholes.
I used to really like Bournemouth (stayed frequently on business, handy for places like Bovington).

Last time I went was earlier this year and the place was full of Eastern Europeans, smoking, gobbing and in several cases begging aggressively, along with the local beggars, it turns out that scumbags come down from London on the train to beg in Bournemouth.

Met up with a mate who lives in the area and we must have been tapped up about 6 times in 400 yards in the town centre. It's times like that I feel the need to carry a flamethrower.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Quite right - if you like red with curry then you crack on. As the 'expert' on my recent whisky masterclass 'there is only one RIGHT way to enjoy whisky - how YOU like it, be it straight, with water or ice, even with a mixer for some whiskies'.

I've drunk white with mild curries, red with stronger - I prefer wine if I've got a hot chilli on the go. Do what makes you feel good and enjoy what's in your cellar...er...that last bit...ignore that....ok?
exactly this. worked in a few four/five star hotels on the bar and this is what the people who *really* know tend to say.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
trickywoo The Intelligence Cell 5
Mighty_doh_nut Aviation 7
Mighty_doh_nut Aviation 6